Tommy Davidson: “Jennifer Lopez made me feel like I’m not important!”

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Rosie Perez was too “authentic”. She should have the career J.Lo had if it was solely based on talent. But she wasn’t the right complexion. :mjpls:
For fukks sake Rosie Perez and her high pitched voice and thick ass accent was always gonna be typecast. Y’all just trying to be contrarian. Then nggas throw the Jordan smiley on it :snoop:

Flava flav shoulda had the career will smith had stay woke :mjpls:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
This is traditional among latina actresses. Almost all of them get their break on black shows or movies. than move on to whiter audiences and you never see them work with black folks or hang out with them again afterwards.

Sofia Vergara - big break soul plane, hasn't worked with black people since
Jennifer Lopez- as stated here
Zoe Zaldana- Drumline - hasn't worked with black people since
Salma hayek- started on the sinbad tv show hasn't worked with black shows or movies since
Rosario Dawson - He got game- hasn't worked on a black movie or show since
Eva Mendes - did movies like training day, all about the benjamins, Exit wounds with DmX, then did hitch with Will smith made her A list and suddenly she stopped doing black films.
Vergara dated Tom Cruise before Soul Plane so I think she already somewhat had connections

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
For fukks sake Rosie Perez and her high pitched voice and thick ass accent was always gonna be typecast. Y’all just trying to be contrarian. Then nggas throw the Jordan smiley on it :snoop:

Flava flav shoulda had the career will smith had stay woke :mjpls:
Because Jennifer Lopez is the better dancer and actress right? Let’s not act like aesthetics didn’t play a huge role in this.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Nah man, that movie Idle Hands. I remember when I first saw that movie I thought she was the GOAT. Like she was from another planet.
I remember that movie too but Honey was her first leading role. The “ambiguous” Latina look was the wave in the early/mid 2000s. And her “dancing” left alot to be desired.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Diddy still simping after her since she dropped him. Meanwhile, Ben Affleck dumped her, and she still ran back to a washed up alcoholic. She wouldn’t even spit in Diddy’s direction now. Embarrassing. :mjlol:

Gotdamn Curtis! (50) :mjlol: :mjlol:

That was hard as fukk:russ:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jim Carey became a megastar but never forgot his roots. He even put Tommy Davidson in the Ace Ventura sequel. It always tends to be the least talented with the least humility. Must be imposter syndrome.
He’s always shown love.

Cast-of-In-Living-Color.jpg

Rosario Dawson - He got game- hasn't worked on a black movie or show since
501467-norton-og-spike-lee-imod-krig--.jpg

BN-GD570_NYDAWS_M_20141223145854.jpg

She also did a cameo in Sorry to Bother You

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Black men are the reason she became A-list. Keenan, Diddy, Ja Rule. NY nikkas need to hold this L. Constantly gassing up these mid beans and rice tramps. She’s always been a poor woman’s Rosie Perez. :scust:
For the last 5 years we’ve been exposing all you irrelevant nikkas for gassing up beans and rice and you still making these post lol

EzekelRAGE

Superstar
Daps
Rosario Dawson was in that Chris Rock movie
and she with/was with Eric Andre, just did haunted mansion which had lakieth stansfield.
Zoe Saldana was in a film for netflix that has black ppl in it. She was also in Takers with TI/Idris in 2010.

Sofia Verga part is wrong, she did a couple Tyler Perry movies in 08/09. Soul Plane was 04.

Jlo shyt you can obviously tell she trying to get rid of her roots and not mess with black ppl. But some of them aint on no Jlo shyt and would probably have no issue working in a "black film" if the pay was right and was to the level that they currently are. Are we expecting them to take a 80% paycut to start in a Tubi series?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
and she with/was with Eric Andre, just did haunted mansion which had lakieth stansfield.
Zoe Saldana was in a film for netflix that has black ppl in it. She was also in Takers with TI/Idris in 2010.

Sofia Verga part is wrong, she did a couple Tyler Perry movies in 08/09. Soul Plane was 04.

Jlo shyt you can obviously tell she trying to get rid of her roots and not mess with black ppl. But some of them aint on no Jlo shyt and would probably have no issue working in a "black film" if the pay was right and was to the level that they currently are. Are we expecting them to take a 80% paycut to start in a Tubi series?
I would at least expect them to return the favor and put on some young black talent. I don't see any black actors getting their big breaks in any latino films.