Tom Hardy Sought to play Apocalypse....

ltheghost

Payin Debts.... N40
Daps
Reppin
Japan, but from the 989
Damn...this is a tough one. I'm not sure. I wanted a Black dude to play Apocalypse but Tom Hardy has been killing shyt...damn....does he do this or Suicide Squad!? fukk....I think he is going to with Apocalypse, he will get main billing as the villain and could probably work it to the point they will give him his own Apocalypse movie....Yeah Apocalypse would be a better look than Suicide Squad.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He already played Bane who sounds like it was inspired by Apoocalypse:dahell:....that would be dumb as hell,which is why I guess this article is fake,id rather have the all state guy then Bane:camby:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Fake or not I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought his version of bane sounded like apocalypse from the 90's cartoon.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
You dudes aren't understanding what I'm saying.

The wording of "playing him" is weird as fukk considering nothing aside from the voice is being used, and even that will have heavy vocal effects. Even if they use motion capture of Tom Hardy it's not as if he's bringing anything special to the role....hell, you could do motion capture for Apocalypse. The end product will look and sound nothing like Tom Hardy, same as Josh Brolin and Thanos.

Fred.

The motion capture for Golum and Caesar looked nothing like Andy Serkis

And how the hell you know they wont use his actual voice and put it through a computer...the same way they did with Bane and the same way they did Benedict Cumberbatch with Smaug.

Stop assuming you know the production process behind this

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The motion capture for Golum and Caesar looked nothing like Andy Serkis

And how the hell you know they wont use his actual voice and put it through a computer...the same way they did with Bane and the same way they did Benedict Cumberbatch with Smaug.

Stop assuming you know the production process behind this

:what:

First off, 20th Century Fox's Previs (previsual effects) department has been using Xsens MVN for years. So it takes about 2 seconds to know the exact technology and process behind the motion capture/CGI in their movies...including the "X-Men" movies.

Secondly, I said they're obviously gonna put vocal effects on his voice. So I'm not sure where you're even going with that.

Lastly, Smaug/Caesar/Golum are terrible examples because each of those roles required a level of physicality....taking 5 minutes to read about Xsens MVN, can you sit there and tell me they'd need anybody credited as "playing" a role as physically vanilla as Apocalypse? He moves around like a fukking Terminator, Xsens MVN can render animations like that in it's sleep.

The sole reason to announce "Tom Hardy (or whoever) is 'playing' Apocalypse" is for his star power to hype the movie. And dudes are falling for it hook, line, and sinker. Marvel did the same thing with Josh Brolin despite the fact that he had a 2 minute scene where he sat down in a chair. But yeah, they definitely needed motion capture and an actor of Brolin's caliber for that. :heh:

Fred.

Last edited:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
So now that he let it be known hes dabbled in the acts of a chi-chi man "they" are going to make sure he's everywhere :scusthov:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Only see Hardy signing on if Singer's Apocalypse differs greatly from Bane who was pretty much the cartoon Apocalypse.

Just hope they don't go the Stargate movie route :scust: have a terrible feeling it's going to end up like that.

Apocalypse in the credits scene was just too feminine.

Leonard Washington

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A little town called none ya got damn bidness
-021b86b6-38eb-4539-8527-430c3bf553ee.jpeg
thoughts on The Rock as Apocalypse?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They should do Age of Apocalypse..
best x-men ark ever.

If Fox could pull that off..... :wow:

Do a trilogy

1. XMen Alpha: The Age Of Apocalypse Part 1
2. Xmen: The Age Of Apocalypse 2
3. Xmen Omega: The Age Of Apocalypse Part 3

:wow:

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of my homies used to always tell me Christopher Judge would be perfect for the role. He does kinda have the look for it,
41403-29877.jpg

his career has been meh since stargate, his voice and rate speed would make sense but