Tom Hardy Sought to play Apocalypse....

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Hardyocalypse%20Bar%20640.jpeg

Tom Hardy seems to be a popular man for comic book properties. He already took on Christian Bale's Batman in The Dark Knight Rises and, earlier this week, was said to be up for a role in David Ayer's Suicide Squad. Now TheWrap reports that 20th Century Fox is keen on casting the Mad Max: Fury Road star in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse.

Hardy would play Apocalypse (that blueish fellow featured in the Days of Future Past post-credits tease). Created by Louise and Walter Simonson, Apocalypse (En Sabah Nur) made his debut in X-Factor #6. The world's first mutant, En Sabah Nur was born in Egypt around 3,000 BC and used advanced technology to make himself an eternal conquerer, believing whole heartedly in survival of the fittest.

Kinberg, along with X2: X-Men United writers Dan Harris and Michael Dougherty, is developing the screenplay for the film which Bryan Singer will return to once again direct. X-Men: Apocalypse is set for release on May 27, 2016.

Read more: Tom Hardy Sought for X-Men: Apocalypse's En Sabah Nur - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=124175#ixzz3GYT1WSeZ
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Though not all his fault... Jamie Foxx fukked that up for every black actor. :snoop:

Breh stop. The train of a minority, any minority, being able to play a character who looks like us was thrown to the bushes the second Tom Hardy was cast as Bane and not a single eyelash was batted. They don't give a shyt when it comes to that.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't get how he's "playing" Apocalypse. He was barely buff enough to play Bane, and Apocalypse is like 8 feet tall and obviously not remotely human. Just say he's voicing it because they're obviously going to CGI the fukk out of him anyway, ala Brolin and Thanos.

Fred.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I don't get how he's "playing" Apocalypse. He was barely buff enough to play Bane, and Apocalypse is like 8 feet tall and obviously not remotely human. Just say he's voicing it because they're obviously going to CGI the fukk out of him anyway, ala Brolin and Thanos.

Fred.

Well someone has to sign soon since shooting begins in February/March...Since its so close, I think Hardy may sign

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Breh stop. The train of a minority, any minority, being able to play a character who looks like us was thrown to the bushes the second Tom Hardy was cast as Bane and not a single eyelash was batted. They don't give a shyt when it comes to that.

Oh I agree, but I had to throw shots at Jamie Foxx :manny:

I black guy played Thanos at the end of Avengers, but then they cast a cac to play him in GOTG

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Well someone has to sign soon since shooting begins in February/March...Since its so close, I think Hardy may sign

I don't mean who they're casting, I mean the wording of him "playing" the role when it's an 8 foot tall purple robot. :dwillhuh:

Fred.