Todd McFarlane Teases ‘Badass’ & ‘Scary’ Spawn Reboot (Jamie Foxx cast)

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
best thing about Spawn is his origin of going to hell,selling his soul,and being set up by his friend.We've already seen it on big screen and don't need to see it again.

I wouldn't mind a prequel showing his military days and it ending as him becoming Spawn.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I've been waiting for this and the rebooted animated series for God knows how long. Todd must have finally secured funding :snoop:

I wanted to see Michael Jai White reprise the role and follow up on the first one with a soft reboot.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
You think they'll go the horror route or push it more towards the superhero genre?

Spawn isn't really a superhero and doesn't do superhero things

In the comics he is fighting a war between heaven and hell at the peak of his story and it's more like a supernatural tug of war and etc...

If they make a stereotypical superhero film...it's gonna be trash...

It should be a horror movie with demons and ghouls and angels and etc...

Benefited

Banned
Daps
The origin is all we seen in film and tv. I believe the movie is taking another direction.

Is Bishop even black? He started out Aboriginal

Always thought he was black,but still in all he is still black. My point is that there is no other direction for a character of Spawns popularity level.
The origin story makes Spawn great for film and nothing else.

Unless plans changed Todd said horror. And really,it's the only genre that would fit with the budget they're looking at. And Spawn is basically horror at its core just with a super hero slant.

I think of stuff like the first half of jeepers creepers before it showed the monster. The amount of suspense and horror that can be derived from playing spawn in the shadows and never quite knowing what you're seeing is great.

Wether they can pull it off or not is up in the air,but small budgets can be a positive as if you have a good director willing to be creative some cool shyt can be pulled off rather than just throwing money and cgi at something.

Considering how good upgrade looks as an action film and with his horror roots,Leigh Whannel could pull this off. We shall see if Todd has what it takes to do this.:ehh:

I think Venom is about to pull off the horror comic film great. Spawn is not popular enough to not do another origin movie,plus the character is too fantastical to be real horror. At the most you could do Predator,but the problem with that,is its a comic movie and people will want to see Spawn.You guys really think they would get Jamie Foxx to play a jeepers creepers style role of barely being seen:comeon:

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I wouldn't mind a prequel showing his military days and it ending as him becoming Spawn.

Better put that shyt on tv:rudy:
Who would go to the theatre to see that?I think your only talking in excitement and wouldn't show up for that either.
Jamie should be focused on playing Iron Mike.
IF this flops,this could put that at risk.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
I think Venom is about to pull off the horror comic film great. Spawn is not popular enough to not do another origin movie,plus the character is too fantastical to be real horror. At the most you could do Predator,but the problem with that,is its a comic movie and people will want to see Spawn.You guys really think they would get Jamie Foxx to play a jeepers creepers style role of barely being seen:comeon:

Spawn could do a fantasy horror like Pan's Labyrinth and it really doesn't need an origin movie....

Origin movies are trash and boring. The beginning spends a lot of time setting up the character and then the middle is crammed full of action and then the ending is quickly resolved.

Only good superhero origin movie I can think of is the 1st Iron Man...and that's just because of Robert Downey Jr. and his charm.

Start Spawn off as a soldier of Hell with the suit already and he goes fights angels and shyt while haunting his wife's lover that set him up. That part he can barely seen, an ominous figure.

The end of the movie he brutally kills his wife's lover and plots to take the throne of hell...

With the internet and shyt...if you really wanna know a character's background and their origin you can just Wikipedia the shyt...

Benefited

Banned
Daps
Spawn could do a fantasy horror like Pan's Labyrinth and it really doesn't need an origin movie....

Origin movies are trash and boring. The beginning spends a lot of time setting up the character and then the middle is crammed full of action and then the ending is quickly resolved.

Only good superhero origin movie I can think of is the 1st Iron Man...and that's just because of Robert Downey Jr. and his charm.

Start Spawn off as a soldier of Hell with the suit already and he goes fights angels and shyt while haunting his wife's lover that set him up. That part he can barely seen, an ominous figure.

The end of the movie he brutally kills his wife's lover and plots to take the throne of hell...

With the internet and shyt...if you really wanna know a character's background and their origin you can just Wikipedia the shyt...

Those aren't horrible ideas actually.
I would say Batman Begins,Blade,Wonder Woman were good to great origin movies.
But the idea about him being a soldier of hell isn't bad,I was just watching Constantine the other day and saying how they should have made a sequel.
I would be more interested in something like that,that could be great looking with the right CGI team over this horror idea.

ranchero26

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ehh:How bad could it be? The OG wasn't terrible it definitely had its moments. I think its a win win here. I think if its good then its good if its bad its still good:ehh: