Today marks the 20 years passing of the GOAT

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
Nobody wants to discuss this in my thread so I'll post it here and see if I can get any thoughts on the subject

Wanted to post this to get a discussion going about his true center as a person and on September 13th I would like to host a Tupac interview party, where we will share interviews and thoughts

I would like you to watch this with an open mind and no reservations on what you see in Tupac as a person

This interview always stood out to me, originally when I saw a clip of it because I thought the setting was weird and the video wasn't labeled so the context of it being an interview regarding Gridlock'd was lost on me.. It stands out to me because he seems so human. To think in the same day he could've done another interview at a radio station and displayed an entirely different character.. It makes me wonder if this is the real Tupac or if he presented a "safe Tupac" for Hollywood/film industry in an effort to advance as an actor by being friendly, non-threatening and accessible

Take a listen and give it some thought. This would probably work best with people that have known Tupac and been familiar with his work for at least 10 years.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nobody wants to discuss this in my thread so I'll post it here and see if I can get any thoughts on the subject

I think it was all him.The wild "Thug Life" side and the scholarly, damn near docile side.As he said in the interview, it was him, but it was just "Blown up"

Personally, I think it was genetic, and not an act.The more you learn about Afeni, you see just how much Pac was a reflection of his mom.She was the same way.Ultra articulate, charming.Could literally talk herself out of a 300 year bid.

But she was a beast.Even she had a "gangsta" side to her.From wanting to "crush white bytches"in prison for asking her how to get with a black man..Talking shyt to cops.... to the way she dominated the other wives in her polygamous marriage to Lumumba Shakur.She would literally come home and beat their ass if they didn't have dinner ready/the house clean.Like a tyrant when it came to order.

But when you see that small, gentle lil lady, with the big ol warm smile...you think she's so sweet, huh?

Sounds like Death Row Pac, right? Knocking out studio engineers....riding on Dre for procrastinating on beats and not supporting Snoop during his murder trial....Sam Sneed...Even Snoop was about to get a few knots upside his head had Pac lived a lil longer.A tyrant when it came to order.I think that's what Suge loved about Pac.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
One of the greatest MCs:wow:

Still mad that this nikka didn't finish or at least get halfway done on that One Nation album.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I think it was all him.The wild "Thug Life" side and the scholarly, damn near docile side.As he said in the interview, it was him, but it was just "Blown up"

Personally, I think it was genetic, and not an act.The more you learn about Afeni, you see just how much Pac was a reflection of his mom.She was the same way.Ultra articulate, charming.Could literally talk herself out of a 300 year bid.

But she was a beast.Even she had a "gangsta" side to her.From wanting to "crush white bytches"in prison for asking her how to get with a black man..Talking shyt to cops.... to the way she dominated the other wives in her polygamous marriage to Lumumba Shakur.She would literally come home and beat their ass if they didn't have dinner ready/the house clean.Like a tyrant when it came to order.

But when you see that small, gentle lil lady, with the big ol warm smile...you think she's so sweet, huh?

Sounds like Death Row Pac, right? Knocking out studio engineers....riding on Dre for procrastinating on beats and not supporting Snoop during his murder trial....Sam Sneed...Even Snoop was about to get a few knots upside his head had Pac lived a lil longer.A tyrant when it came to order.I think that's what Suge loved about Pac.
A lot of great points I overlooked . . I think he aspired to that behind him as evident by his later interviews. He said he'd hope that one day people would look at him and be like "remember when he was bad?" And also he mentioned political aspirations. He mentioned pulling back from music and making an album once every 4 years that would "mean something" . . Can you imagine a project that Tupac worked on for 4 years, when you see how quickly he did All Eyez on Me and the Makaveli album . . that's insane to think about

He mentioned aspirations to write for other artists that people wouldn't expect him to be able to work with . . he mentioned Alanis Morissette, who was the only person competing with him in sales that year

Then there was that interview that I can't find where he talked about quitting rap. I believe it was a TV sit down interview . . not the Tabitha Soren one (insane that I remember the names of people that interviewed him) . . but in it he says he's getting tired of it and it's old and he prefers acting.

I think he offered a lot to the world in 25 years. He gave the world a lot more than he took from it and not many people can ever say that, he left behind a legacy and through his work many generations from now there will be young people exposed to the mind and message of a 25 year old man, It's really existential to think about how we have all this energy of a 25 year old trapped in time and encapsulated in a body work that'll be around for many generations to come

With the creative output he had during his 4 years in the music business it's hard to imagine he had much time to enjoy his success. It's like he was driven by a sense of purpose to leave behind a message

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love

Tupac and Jim Belushi interview together . . they start off giving the interview some shyt, sounds like she might of be one of those hard ass journalists

Looks like him and Jim Belushi got along well

He seemed happiest when involved in acting

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island

Tupac and Jim Belushi interview together . . they start off giving the interview some shyt, sounds like she might of be one of those hard ass journalists

Looks like him and Jim Belushi got along well

He seemed happiest when involved in acting

That movie is so fukking good. gridlockd and juice are better but I love that movie.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
That movie is so fukking good. gridlockd and juice are better but I love that movie.
I think Gridlock'd was a great role for him . . he apparently really wanted that role because he was sick of the Birdy type roles that basically depicted him as a thug.

It would've been great to see his acting career progress, I would've really liked to see him involved in a Quentin Tarantino movie, and perhaps even collaborate on the story. He worked with Tim Roth, who's a regular with Tarantino so perhaps that might of been in the cards for him