"Today is a good day to remember: Christianity is the faith and America is the place slavery came to die." #bothsides

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
slavery ended in other places before america. we still technically have it legalized as punishment for crime in certain states.
as other posters point out already, christianity appears to have passages that are pro slavery in the bible.
so none of that is true.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
13th amendment
13th Amendment : "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime"

Literally still allows slavery as punishment for a crime. Meaning there are people alive today that are legally slave owners in this country. and breaking no laws in doing so. The owner of a private prison can legally own slaves and profit off slave labor in the USA in 2023

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
slavery ended in other places before america. we still technically have it legalized as punishment for crime in certain states.
as other posters point out already, christianity appears to have passages that are pro slavery in the bible.
so none of that is true.
The Revolutionary War had more pro-slavery implications than they lead us to believe. British folk was giving freedom to slaves willing to fight for em and had the rebel cacs shook. Then the rebel cacs finally allowed black folk to fight for em and you know the rest :mjpls:
Best known for Lord Dunmore’s Proclamation, issued in 1775, Dunmore, in an effort to undermine patriot resolve, declared that any enslaved person who fled his master and would serve with loyalty towards Great Britain, would secure their freedom. By the wars end between 800 to 2,000 enslaved African Americans in Virginia fled to British lines. Some were organized into a fighting unit known as Dunmore’s Ethiopian Brigade. On their tunics they wore the slogan, “From Slavery to Freedom.” The Ethiopian Brigade found early success in the field, but Dunmore’s force was soundly defeated at the Battle of Great Bridge on December 9, 1775. Dunmore and what remained of his fighting force fled Virginia for the Bahamas many of them dying from smallpox and other diseases.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
13th Amendment : "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime"

Literally still allows slavery as punishment for a crime. Meaning there are people alive today that are legally slave owners in this country. and breaking no laws in doing so. The owner of a private prison can legally own slaves and profit off slave labor in the USA in 2023
We need to pass a law renaming prisoners/inmates to slaves so they can't mask that shyt anymore. Will work as a nice deterrent for criminal activity too.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Who's going to tell him that England outlawed slavery first and some scholars suspect that one of the major motivators for independence was to avoid giving up slaves
Britain 🇬🇧 ended their participation in slavery nearly 3 decades after the Revolutionary War.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
We need to pass a law renaming prisoners/inmates to slaves so they can't mask that shyt anymore. Will work as a nice deterrent for criminal activity too.
Yeah, i never liked the fact the we have currently active slavers actually profiting off slavery today. and instead of calling them Slavers, we call them Wardens

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

RIP Dutty Boukman & Cecile Fatiman
Slavery was outlawed in other places before it got to the US. Plus, the slave owners didn't want to give up their slaves, which is the whole cause behind the civil war. Had nothing to do with Christianity.
It's a bit irresponsible for a U.S. Senator to run with the "America is where slavery came to die" line. I've heard this revising of history over the years, from whites from different countries.
History deals with dates, figures, and events. So there isn't much room to wiggle or juelz in discussion with a person who is aware of who, what, when, where of what occurred.
As has been pointed out, the timeline of the transatlantic slave trade is public record, including when the international trade and the dates the legal institution of slavery was abolished in different countries. Slavery died a slow death in the Americas and "Christianity" being a major factor in it's death here isn't supported by the facts.

Clear revision of history.

On a related note, the past few years I've been happy to see statues and monuments go up in this country commemorating African American historical figures, many of whom fought to end slavery in this country. I think the "fukk a statue" crowd underestimated the level that these whites are going/will go to rewrite history in the future. Might be more clear to them now.
Monuments, and statues are history, and visual historical records. Which is why confederate liars and revisionists put so many statues up of their "heroes" up. To support the lies that they shoehorned into public school curriculum.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Quotes from Abraham Lincoln :mjpls:

I will say, then, that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of bringing about in any way the social and political equality of the white and black races—that I am not, nor ever have been, in favor of making voters or jurors of Negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this, that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I, as much as any other man, am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race.”

As to the policy I “seem to be pursuing” as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt. I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution. The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be “the Union as it was.” If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Atheists did not enslavery. Just accept it.

Atheists were not commonly known as abolitionists. Atheists were making money and enslaving people.

Just because an atheist reads some passages out of the Bible to control people doesn't mean he's a Christian

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
charlie-murphy-side-eye.gif

timeless

💜💙💜💙💜💙
Daps
It's a bit irresponsible for a U.S. Senator to run with the "America is where slavery came to die" line. I've heard this revising of history over the years, from whites from different countries.
History deals with dates, figures, and events. So there isn't much room to wiggle or juelz in discussion with a person who is aware of who, what, when, where of what occurred.
As has been pointed out, the timeline of the transatlantic slave trade is public record, including when the international trade and the dates the legal institution of slavery was abolished in different countries. Slavery died a slow death in the Americas and "Christianity" being a major factor in it's death here isn't supported by the facts.

Clear revision of history.

On a related note, the past few years I've been happy to see statues and monuments go up in this country commemorating African American historical figures, many of whom fought to end slavery in this country. I think the "fukk a statue" crowd underestimated the level that these whites are going/will go to rewrite history in the future. Might be more clear to them now.
Monuments, and statues are history, and visual historical records. Which is why confederate liars and revisionists put so many statues up of their "heroes" up. To support the lies that they shoehorned into public school curriculum.
I agree with you. White supremacy has to adopt lies and whitewash history in order to keep the truth from being revealed.

I too am glad that Black historical figures have gotten some attention for their brave acts and just for trying to make the world a better place for us. Their stories are incredible and deserve to be highlighted as opposed to those fake stories and statues that are propped up by white supremacists. Like, I don't think people realized how much these people faked the funk during and after their time in Europe. They lied about everything and those who did want to tell the truth or tried were silenced.