Today I test out gamepass xcloud in the wild at 5g

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
I tried on my phone, and it got too hot after a while. Couldn't get comfortable with it because of the heat. I haven't had a new phone since my galaxy S8 so I'm not sure how newer phones work.....I can't imagine a newer phone would get as hot as mine did.

Then I got it to work on my older computer, ethernet plugged in.

I installed an Android OS on it. Prime OS is the one I got.

Turns out it is pretty smooth. I was skeptical because of trying Stadia a few months back. I played a few rounds of Halo with my kid online sitting right next to him. Afterwards played some State of Decay 2 with my wife. The shyt just works so easily. All my saves loaded up like I was playing on my xbox.

We only have 1 xbox one, but now it's like we have 2. I'm pretty excited for them to allow more games to be played on the app. I'm tryna get some co-op in without having to buy another old ass xbox one. :laugh:

Played for maybe 2 hours non stop, and felt lag maybe 2 times?
All I had to do was alt+tab and bring the app back up and it immediately stopped.

Depending on the games that they allow with this xcloud thing, it could get big. Kids are already Fortnite-ing on their phones these days. Give them a netflix for games on their phone that actually HAS games and we might see a game changer in the gaming industry. :laugh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I tried on my phone, and it got too hot after a while. Couldn't get comfortable with it because of the heat. I haven't had a new phone since my galaxy S8 so I'm not sure how newer phones work.....I can't imagine a newer phone would get as hot as mine did.

Then I got it to work on my older computer, ethernet plugged in.

I installed an Android OS on it. Prime OS is the one I got.

Turns out it is pretty smooth. I was skeptical because of trying Stadia a few months back. I played a few rounds of Halo with my kid online sitting right next to him. Afterwards played some State of Decay 2 with my wife. The shyt just works so easily. All my saves loaded up like I was playing on my xbox.

We only have 1 xbox one, but now it's like we have 2. I'm pretty excited for them to allow more games to be played on the app. I'm tryna get some co-op in without having to buy another old ass xbox one. :laugh:

Played for maybe 2 hours non stop, and felt lag maybe 2 times?
All I had to do was alt+tab and bring the app back up and it immediately stopped.

Depending on the games that they allow with this xcloud thing, it could get big. Kids are already Fortnite-ing on their phones these days. Give them a netflix for games on their phone that actually HAS games and we might see a game changer in the gaming industry. :laugh:

Bro, it has 250 games and too many of them are worthy of your time. It is what you say it'll eventually become. As for the library, you CAN stream your own games via the service. Now will that be a launch feature I can't say. I was part of the beta from the beginning and they allowed remote play with your console as the host instead of using the cloud FIRST. Streaming without a console came afterwards. I've already played stuff like call of duty over xcloud. I only stopped because I got a one x and didn't want to put that into the preview program (which grants you access) my Xbox that is in the program struggles with wifi after an update and I didn't want that to happen again.

Now I say that to say you will be streaming your own library. That was working at the time slightly better than the streaming choice. TBC