Today i learned: France tested nuclear weapons in the Sahara Desert from 1960 to 1966 (Fck France :pacspit:)

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

No reason for countries not to go nuclear.

Those African countries who got alliances with countries like China got a free ride to arm up.

Nobody is going to actually enforce anybody from going nuclear when you have nuclear super powers who have your back.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
F24 just had a good mini doc on this again recently

it's pretty crazy that this isn't widely known
learning of all the atrocities in Africa past and present will melt your brain breh. way too much going on between all these major powers and lack of oversight. Germany just admitted to the Namibia holocaust last year and it made little news worldwide. German descendants of Nazis still openly live there.

all types of shyt stays getting no traction because a lot of humans don't have empathy for people who don't look like them.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps

No reason for countries not to go nuclear.

Those African countries who got alliances with countries like China got a free ride to arm up.

Nobody is going to actually enforce anybody from going nuclear when you have nuclear super powers who have your back.

Nuclear programs are dangerous MOSTLY for the countries that have them. The upkeep, safety, proper disposal of the byproducts…it’s not an endeavor many nations can even undertake.

I just learned South Africa actually successfully made nukes then dismantled them in 1993 without anyone knowing.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nuclear programs are dangerous MOSTLY for the countries that have them. The upkeep, safety, proper disposal of the byproducts…it’s not an endeavor many nations can even undertake.

I just learned South Africa actually successfully made nukes then dismantled them in 1993 without anyone knowing.
believe they knew. South Africa was aided in military development to keep the locals from using their population advantage. one of the first countries that was using a lot of the combat style vehicles you see used for crowd control today back then on civilians. their police were basically military. and civilians experienced open warfare. That dismantling of the nuclear program just so happens to coincide with the time period of whites handing over power and control to key national assets. it tells me that western nations who supported tha pariah state did not want a Black country with nuke ability.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
believe they knew. South Africa was aided in military development to keep the locals from using their population advantage. one of the first countries that was using a lot of the combat style vehicles you see used for crowd control today back then on civilians. their police were basically military. and civilians experienced open warfare. That dismantling of the nuclear program just so happens to coincide with the time period of whites handing over power and control to key national assets. it tells me that western nations who supported tha pariah state did not want a Black country with nuke ability.
Bolded is an excellent point I hadn’t considered :jbhmm:

The only thing I’d say though is I do not believe America knew about the program until they revealed it. SA was an international pariah, their airlines couldn’t even fly over the airspace of many countries :mjlol:

I can’t see the US allowing them to freely develop nukes

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium

People knew. The US and I believe Israel were helping the Apartheid regime with it, for obvious Cold War/White Supremacy reasons. Once the apartheid regime was done with South Africa "decided" to stop the program.