To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Do yall think this roster is better than the one we had when we made the play in during Dejounte's last year here? :patrice:

Maybe im just an eternal optimist but I see 35-43 wins in our future this season

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
Do yall think this roster is better than the one we had when we made the play in during Dejounte's last year here? :patrice:

Maybe im just an eternal optimist but I see 35-43 wins in our future this season

It's way better.

The off-ball movement allows the offense to run smoother...

Dejounte couldn't facilitate, so the offense was condensed..

We are a HIGHLY talented team..

Unless Pop throws some games, I think that is a fair prediction

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
If it goes the way it's supposed to...

Who exactly do you fear in the west???

Denver gets respect, but it gets complicated after that for various teams...

we can very well start knocking on doors this year and possibly kick that bytch in next season

We got the cap
We got the money
We got the picks
We got the talent that wants it

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX

we can very well start knocking on doors this year and possibly kick that bytch in next season

We got the cap
We got the money
We got the picks
Outside of Denver really nobody. Maybe Memphis

I agree with your timeline, the Spurs could definitely be in title contention again by Victor's second season

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio

We got the cap
We got the money
We got the picks
Phoenix and GS will still be problems.

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
I’m not in a real rush on this championship timetable. I know you wanna surround a guy like Wemby with talent, but you gotta allow time for him to gel (or not) with the guys around him. See what works, what doesn’t.

The only benefit I could see from actively hopping in the Lillard trade fukkery would be to take some of the load off Wemby his first couple years. Ease him into the league a bit more…gradually. As it is, he’s gonna have a target on his back, thru no fault of his own.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think Wembanyama probably doesn’t have a very reliable shot yet. But with his size he’s going to get a lot of attention in the paint.

What that means is that there will be a lot of opportunities for kick out threes. So the Spurs perimeter players will need to hit their shots. If they can’t, it’s going to be an ugly season.

Also if Wemby really struggles from midrange, it’s going to put pressure on Collins, Sochan and Keldon to rebound. Maybe offensive rebounds aren’t as big a focus as they used to be, but you could be looking at a lot of fast breaks the other way if the Spurs are bad in that area.

I think considering how bad San Antonio was defensively, that’s going to be the main focus this season. And it’s probably the area where Wembanyama can have the biggest impact. At least early on.