To The Victor Go The Spurs - The Official 2024-2025 San Antonio Spurs Season Thread

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
Alright, lost a close one. Won a close one. Got blown out. Now we just need to be on the right side of a lopsided W.

*checks next matchup*

Okay, so maybe not that one.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Good

From the few times I watched spurs play
He’s team doesn’t feed him the ball lol
Thats on Pop though. His system has never prioritized one player, IIRC. In the past they maintained having two to four players that were able to make significant impacts on a game, while handling the ball. They also bought in. This team listens, akin to Deion's Colorado, but they aren't buying in.

With a player of this magnitude, you want to see the ball in his hands more. From a team/higher ups level as well as a viewer standpoint.

Take rookie Bron for example, better yet Kawhi! You see how he sprouted out of that system. Was great in the system but similar to Mikal Bridges in Phoenix he was clearly held back.

I understand Vassel getting his as he has essentially, barring injury, been the number one guy on the team. However, there are times where he appears to possess the ball for too long leading to unnecessary forced action/forced drives.

All of this can be attributed to time and trust, experience. Still a young team, even with McDermott in the lineup.

On one hand Wemby gotta earn respect and the ball, he is a rookie.

On the other hand, thats Wemby, nearly unstoppable, give him the damn ball.

In due time though he gonna get his. He already arrived if you ask me, now it is about asserting self.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Thats on Pop though. His system has never prioritized one player, IIRC. In the past they maintained having two to four players that were able to make significant impacts on a game, while handling the ball. They also bought in. This team listens, akin to Deion's Colorado, but they aren't buying in.

With a player of this magnitude, you want to see the ball in his hands more. From a team/higher ups level as well as a viewer standpoint.

Take rookie Bron for example, better yet Kawhi! You see how he sprouted out of that system. Was great in the system but similar to Mikal Bridges in Phoenix he was clearly held back.

I understand Vassel getting his as he has essentially, barring injury, been the number one guy on the team. However, there are times where he appears to possess the ball for too long leading to unnecessary forced action/forced drives.

All of this can be attributed to time and trust, experience. Still a young team, even with McDermott in the lineup.

On one hand Wemby gotta earn respect and the ball, he is a rookie.

On the other hand, thats Wemby, nearly unstoppable, give him the damn ball.

In due time though he gonna get his. He already arrived if you ask me, now it is about asserting self.
Look at their last three possessions.

Miserable offense.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
oh so there ARE a few brehs watching San Antonio vs Phoenix

thought after the Knicks game people started doing something else, didn't see a game thread for Spurs/Suns

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
This team is gonna lose a LOTTA games.

They def need to get the ball to Wemby in a position where he can be more successful but man. He’s looked ROUGH out there the last couple.

Edit: I’m a’ take a seat before I speak on the second half.

Last edited: