TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Aight ima check out some YouTube vids on it

Is the nvieda shield I linked a good one? :jbhmm:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia...5kHJMeCaTE2UsnLzYP4aAi_6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Also what u mean by shield is more powerful? :jbhmm:

And the raspberry pi allows me to play nes/snes/etc and old school arcade games on it? :jbhmm:

I found this on BB, is this a good one?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/raspbe...Y3n3VWQtIekCBUbL1-waAtbNEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
The Shield is one model. If you're willing to pay the money, it will handle any media you throw at it. Not sure about the emulation, I do it on my PC.

Raspberry PI is significantly less powerful, but I imagine it will handle any 16-bit era games easily. Again, YouTube will tell you all of this. The PI can do a bunch of other cool IT shyt, as it is Linux based, so you can run a bunch of other services on it. I use one as a PiHole, which blocks ads on my entire network. You can run it as a small server, too. Do some research and see what uses work for you. If you want it to just work and brute force it, get the Shield and you're done.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
The Shield is one model. If you're willing to pay the money, it will handle any media you throw at it. Not sure about the emulation, I do it on my PC.

Raspberry PI is significantly less powerful, but I imagine it will handle any 16-bit era games easily. Again, YouTube will tell you all of this. The PI can do a bunch of other cool IT shyt, as it is Linux based, so you can run a bunch of other services on it. I use one as a PiHole, which blocks ads on my entire network. You can run it as a small server, too. Do some research and see what uses work for you. If you want it to just work and brute force it, get the Shield and you're done.

I don’t mind putting in the work to get it to work I just wanna know if I can use these to play nes/snes and old school arcade games. Saying u not sure bout the emulation got me skeptical

Also, the ones I linked are good? :jbhmm:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don’t mind putting in the work to get it to work I just wanna know if I can use these to play nes/snes and old school arcade games. Saying u not sure bout the emulation got me skeptical

Also, the ones I linked are good? :jbhmm:
I'm only not sure about the power level because I haven't used them myself. I know for a fact they work. Youtube and Google can tell you what generations you can do on each. NES and SNES, I'm 100% sure either will work.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I'm only not sure about the power level because I haven't used them myself. I know for a fact they work. Youtube and Google can tell you what generations you can do on each. NES and SNES, I'm 100% sure either will work.

I been reading links and watching YT vids on the Nvidia and still kinda confused. Some say you need a pc. Others say you need a flash drive with the games on it that you download from a pc. While others say you don’t need a pc at all :dwillhuh:

If I need to put them on a flash drive how could I possibly do that without downloading them from a pc first? :jbhmm:

Appreciate all the advice btw

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Just download mame on pc then connect to a tv via hdmi. Emulation been this easy since at least 08:francis:

Thata the thing tho, I don’t have a pc. I was thinking the nvidia was another way to play emulators without needing a pc. If I need a pc I don’t see the point of the Nvidia unless there’s something I’m missing.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Thata the thing tho, I don’t have a pc. I was thinking the nvidia was another way to play emulators without needing a pc. If I need a pc I don’t see the point of the Nvidia unless there’s something I’m missing.
You got a laptop? Even the cheapest laptops can run 2d emulation at least up till ps2/dreamcast generation

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
You got a laptop? Even the cheapest laptops can run 2d emulation at least up till ps2/dreamcast generation

Yea I was scared to use it because last time I used an emulator on my laptop it slowed my shyt down. Even when I deleted all the files my shyt was still slow. But that was a PS2 game tho.

If I can use my laptop as an emulator for older games what I need a Nvidia or similar product for? :jbhmm:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
You should also check out the tmnt/streets of rage 2 hack

2891screenshot3.png

I def gotta try this :wow:

I searched for it but dunno what’s a good link to use

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get access to torrents

download mame for arcade games

run a program that can play emulators

you win

It’s easy I done put emulators on my phone and psx on my old 2012 desktop it’s easy

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Get access to torrents

download mame for arcade games

run a program that can play emulators

you win

It’s easy I done put emulators on my phone and psx on my old 2012 desktop it’s easy

Ima try this

Only thing I’m still confused bout is why would I need a Nvidia if I can do all this with my laptop? :jbhmm:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
What’s Nvidia for? Idk where or who told you that but to my knowledge all you need really is a pc

It was suggested to me last page when I asked how to play old school emulator games without a pc

I got a laptop but was shook to use it for emulation because last time I did that it fukked my laptop up