Tips on getting lean/shredding?

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Ive been in the gym consistantly the last few months and I've gotten a lot stronger.

i haven't really lost much weight tho. Ive lost some inches, i cant attest to that.

What can i do about my diet/nutrition?

do i have to track everything?

and what apps to use/ books should i read?

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Learn to track calories, cook (or at least plan your meals), and drink a shytload of water (I am good with about 3 quarts a day)

Probably gonna have to throw some cardio in to mobilize fat loss from stubborn places... for me at least a deficit is not enough

It's simple but it's not easy

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive been in the gym consistantly the last few months and I've gotten a lot stronger.

i haven't really lost much weight tho. Ive lost some inches, i cant attest to that.

MyFitnessPal is good for tracking calories and macros, but most of the best features (adding foods not in their database, checking macro goals, changing goals daily and weekly) are only available in their $9.99 a month premium version. If you put in accurate info (height, weight, activity level, weight loss goals) it'll give you a good estimate of what your daily calorie goals should be, and you can customize your fat, carbs and protein goals.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Get a fitbit. I recommend the the charge 2 since it has a heart rate monitor to better track calories burned.

My last cut I avoided complex sugars and sucrose/glucose since they spike your insulin levels thus causing you to store fat.

I got by eating jimmy johns vito unwiches with no mayo, no cheese, extra meat and bacon. Ate that for lunch and dinner. (I have a desk job so I could get away with that)

And you didn't mention anything about hiit cardio. If you are not doing hiit, start now to speed that shyt up.

I have an schwinn airdyne bike in my basement and log about 40-60 minutes on it because it burns cals like a motherfukker. 30 seconds all out, 30 seconds rest. So do that 20-40 times over.

Then I go to the gym to hit the battle ropes. So about 32 minutes of that (2 x 16 minute splits)

I then lift some weights to make sure I'm not losing muscle.

I also take some bcaas for that.

My goal when I'm on a cut is to burn 4,500 cals a day (hence the NEED for a fitbit with a heart rate monitor). Yeah it's time consuming but you gotta really want it.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Get a fitbit. I recommend the the charge 2 since it has a heart rate monitor to better track calories burned.

My last cut I avoided complex sugars and sucrose/glucose since they spike your insulin levels thus causing you to store fat.

I got by eating jimmy johns vito unwiches with no mayo, no cheese, extra meat and bacon. Ate that for lunch and dinner. (I have a desk job so I could get away with that)

And you didn't mention anything about hiit cardio. If you are not doing hiit, start now to speed that shyt up.

I have an schwinn airdyne bike in my basement and log about 40-60 minutes on it because it burns cals like a motherfukker. 30 seconds all out, 30 seconds rest. So do that 20-40 times over.

Then I go to the gym to hit the battle ropes. So about 32 minutes of that (2 x 16 minute splits)

I then lift some weights to make sure I'm not losing muscle.

I also take some bcaas for that.

My goal when I'm on a cut is to burn 4,500 cals a day (hence the NEED for a fitbit with a heart rate monitor). Yeah it's time consuming but you gotta really want it.
Insulin spikes don't singularly cause fat storage. Protein spikes insulin as well so that overall direction is a bit misguided. I'm taking people with diabetic issues out of the equation.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
Insulin spikes don't singularly cause fat storage. Protein spikes insulin as well so that overall direction is a bit misguided. I'm taking people with diabetic issues out of the equation.

You're absolutely right but I didn't want to make it too complicated for him since he's trying to cut weight (I figured this was his first time trying it)

-----

This account was for entertainment purposes only.
Daps
Reppin
Paradise

Read Michael Matthews Bigger Leaner Stronger
It will change your life as far diet and fitness goes

semtex

:)
Daps
Eat stuff that's bulky (takes up a lot of room in the stomach) but is low in calories like broccoli, and also leafy vegetables. Sweet potatoes are also very filling without much calories