Tips for healing injury?

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
I’ve posted in here before when I was injured, but for the past 3-4 weeks I have sore heels from running too much. Was doing 3-5 miles daily with no days off. After trying to run a few times, I realize I just have to lay off running/ workouts that impact on my foot.

To heal I’ve been doing the following:
-extra vitamins
- stretches for my feet
- epsom salt bath for feet
- hydrate as much as possible

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I just rest up and drink water. Stretching becomes my go to movement in recuperation. Along with continuing to eat clean. Get a massage if you can.

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
I just rest up and drink water. Stretching becomes my go to movement in recuperation. Along with continuing to eat clean. Get a massage if you can.

Yeah I was thinking about using one of this massage guns to help speed this situation up.

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
Are you going to resume the same regimen when you get better?[/QUOTE

I would love too,but I know I’m going to have to build myself back up. Probably start with a jog/ walk for a mile just to see how I hold up and ease myself back in. I’m pissed cause I worked hard to be able to do as many miles as I was doing without stopping.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I know the feeling. Better to listen to your body than have it turn against you.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Sore heels? :patrice:

I played damn near every sport there is to play and used to put down a ton of miles running too and I ain't never had sore heels. That sounds like something in your form that you should work on. My guess is that you're extending your legs too far forward when you run and coming down with your leg straight on your heel instead of on the ball of your feet where the shock can be absorbed more easily. Watch elite marathoners they run basically like sprinters, leaning forward with their feet trailing most of the time, shorter stride and quicker steps, more efficient and easier on the joints.

Maybe it's something else completely different, I just ain't never had sore heels. :manny:

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
Sore heels? :patrice:

I played damn near every sport there is to play and used to put down a ton of miles running too and I ain't never had sore heels. That sounds like something in your form that you should work on. My guess is that you're extending your legs too far forward when you run and coming down with your leg straight on your heel instead of on the ball of your feet where the shock can be absorbed more easily. Watch elite marathoners they run basically like sprinters, leaning forward with their feet trailing most of the time, shorter stride and quicker steps, more efficient and easier on the joints.

Maybe it's something else completely different, I just ain't never had sore heels. :manny:

yeah man this the second time I did something like this. I think it’s more plantar fasciitis from what I’ve read up on. Form or bad shoes is the first thing I thought, combined with never taking a day off. Trust me man, I’ve been doing sports and working out since I was teen. Never had anything thus nagging.

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
are you wearing the right running shoes for your step?

could be shoes.I was transitioning from an old pair that I always used (never had an issue) to a new pair that didn’t have as much padding in the front. I ordered A new pair (of my old shoes) , once my feet are feeling good, this should help.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
could be shoes.I was transitioning from an old pair that I always used (never had an issue) to a new pair that didn’t have as much padding in the front. I ordered A new pair (of my old shoes) , once my feet are feeling good, this should help.
I’d recommend going to a running store and having your step analyzed. Will save you time and pain.

Ratmaster

Pro
Daps
Reppin
#Ratset
I’d recommend going to a running store and having your step analyzed. Will save you time and pain.

Thanks for the recommendation. Once these stores open back up that’s the first thing I’m doing. Being down and doing bullshyt workouts for 3-4 weeks is killing me. I figure whatever money I spend to get my form looked at and given the right shoe is a great investment in myself.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Thanks for the recommendation. Once these stores open back up that’s the first thing I’m doing. Being down and doing bullshyt workouts for 3-4 weeks is killing me. I figure whatever money I spend to get my form looked at and given the right shoe is a great investment in myself.
good luck breh

pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
I’ve posted in here before when I was injured, but for the past 3-4 weeks I have sore heels from running too much. Was doing 3-5 miles daily with no days off. After trying to run a few times, I realize I just have to lay off running/ workouts that impact on my foot.

To heal I’ve been doing the following:
-extra vitamins
- stretches for my feet
- epsom salt bath for feet
- hydrate as much as possible

Any recommendations would be appreciated.
What do you mean by sore heels?
Is it both feet?

Look up plantar fascitis and tell me if that is your complaint.

I too had foot pain and kind of still do but as severe, I know it is due to a specific shoe I wear that causes the pain. If I change up the shoe the pain goes away.

You need to get a brace something like this

I am using this as example but you can read the comments and see what is at your price level.

Bascially keep your foot immobile during the night so the muscle can heal.