tiny tina racism debate (borderlands 2 related)

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Borderlands 2's Writer Says He'll Change Tiny Tina If She Conveys Racism, As Some Players Think [UPDATE][update]

All the people bytching about it are white
Being white myself, I disagree, hip hop/street slang hit the suburbs like a tidal wave in the 90's
To say the writer and character is racist due to certain slang she uses is absurd
Its not like she is dropping n bombs

Your thoughts?

Update: that dude who made the allegations got fired http://m.kotaku.com/5981652/developer-who-called-borderlands-character-racist-is-now-out-of-a-job

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People are so goddamn weird today it makes me sick. A few white folks felt "offended" ?? Really?? How the hell does some urban colloquialism which isn't exclusive to black people and is something that is very centralized be offensive to someone?? I could bet you a thousand dollars the person who brought this up has some sense of white entitlement and associations in his head about how people of different backgrounds should be.

He's clearly the ignorant one because he's basically painting black people whom he's probably only seen on TV and the internet with a single paintbrush and he'd rather "preserve" his image of how white people should be. Slang is very regional among people even that are of the same background. I'm black and when I got my first job in the suburbs close to my city, the black folks there spoke differently from how I spoke coming from the urban area. It was weird to me at first because I was stuck in my little world in my city so I didn't know there was a world outside of my town.

The author should tell the guy to go leave his little bubble and actually talk with people in the real world.. that is if he already decides that certain "people" aren't "brilliant' enough to speak with him. SMH

I can't stand pompous white people because being pompous in of itself is something that deters people away from you but then when you are white and you can easily benefit from institutionalized racism and white privelege AND you are pompous?? Oh no that's a recipe for disaster.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can y'all give me a back drop on this?

Some douchebag played Borderlands 2 and when he encountered some white girl in the game named Tiny Tina, he felt offended because her diction was of the urban vernacular. The guy, being a pompous ass who's white privilege he felt was being threatened, decided to complain to the devs that "this girl" talks and dress like a black person. Nothing else to see though move on.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Gotta love when white people try to :cape: for blacks in terms of racism and be completely off the mark.

How about getting up against some REAL racism in this world.

MightyHealthy

said what he said
Daps
Reppin
PUROGANG
Whoa Whoa i don't know what.... do people really think black people act like this?

Only thing missin' is chicken and watermelon, and maybe an asian with a calculator.
I know it would have been someone else who got the paycheck, but I wonder if the voice actress feels guilty for doing this.

shyt's supposed to be the future, and they still have women talking like Mammy? :damn:

Dog Holiday

Daps
Reppin
Stockport England
Also as a white person why is it only whites who get the pedestal to talk on this shyt, where as most black people just shake their heads and move on.