Time for a Black Western movie?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I know there was one ("Posse") back in the early 90s, but now with Antoine Fuqua directing The Magnificent Seven, and Denzel starring. Jamie Foxx in Django, a few others in smaller roles.

Its time for a well directed, well casted, large budget Black western. I think it would do well and open up Black ppls minds to see a different path of representation. And not like some of the first cowboys weren't Black.

What do y'all think?

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Not big budget...but there's that joint they die by dawn with michael k williams, jesse williams, nate parker.
Always wanted to see it but could never find it

B!tchuoffendingme

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GTA
As long as that Western stays away from Black people being whipped, beaten and abused by racist pigs.
I watched a Western on Netflix (Godless) that made a point of featuring the Buffalo soldiers, who were situated in a historically accurate town in New Mexico called Blackdom. It was a great opportunity to get into the history of that area, but the CAC scriptwriter just used it as a backdrop for an interracial romance, then used the entire town (supposedly full of hardened Black combat vets) as cannon-fodder in the final episode. Really left a negative taste in my mouth. Only Black screenwriters can be trusted with that kind of content.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I know there was one ("Posse") back in the early 90s, but now with Antoine Fuqua directing The Magnificent Seven, and Denzel starring. Jamie Foxx in Django, a few others in smaller roles.

Its time for a well directed, well casted, large budget Black western. I think it would do well and open up Black ppls minds to see a different path of representation. And not like some of the first cowboys weren't Black.

What do y'all think?

Vesta and Dem titties in Posse :banderas:

But :rip: to her

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as that Western stays away from Black people being whipped, beaten and abused by racist pigs.
I watched a Western on Netflix (Godless) that made a point of featuring the Buffalo soldiers, who were situated in a historically accurate town in New Mexico called Blackdom. It was a great opportunity to get into the history of that area, but the CAC scriptwriter just used it as a backdrop for an interracial romance, then used the entire town (supposedly full of hardened Black combat vets) as cannon-fodder in the final episode. Really left a negative taste in my mouth. Only Black screenwriters can be trusted with that kind of content.

I googled this after reading your post. Plain fukking disrespectful