Timbaland reveals he was initially reluctant to play the "Big Pimpin'" beat for Jay-Z because he originally made it for himself and Magoo.

Henry Orbit

Wave Gods
Daps
Reppin
The Old North State
And that’s it , timbaland would’ve fukked that track up, then he was gonna go get his wack ass brother Sebastian :russ: It would have been a average track with Magoo the stand out
I forgot about him :mjlol:

I only remember who he was cause all them goofy looking faces he was making in the Indian Flute video

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Same.

The song isn't terrible, I've just never understood why it became such a mega hit.
It was an era where middle eastern sampled sounds were a thing, and many producers were releasing songs in that lane. It had a catchy melody and combined artists from east coast and south, so it wasn't just another New York track.

It didn't age like fine wine, but I've heard far worse tracks from that era.

Pop123

Peace
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine how Big Pimpin would have sounded with Magoo and Timbaland rapping on it, really try to imagine that. Bruh, 😂🤮🤢.

Timbaland did the right thing, business wise and just humanity wise. Give Jigga that please sir…nig said Magoo, smh. Jayz smoked that shhit

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All kinds of that had that middle eastern/hindu sample thing going

Just off top of my head. Gotta be plenty of more.

What?

"Big Pimpin" was released before any of these took off. A lot of these songs were two years after "Big Pimpin". There was nothing that sounded like "Big Pimpin".