TikTok ban?
bishop-bonsu.gif

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
I like TikTok. Great time waster. I hate that the algorithm rarely ever puts me in ThotTok though and I gotta find my way there myself.

With that being said…. good riddance. shyt is clearly a Chinese spy and propaganda tool. They are using it to try and kill an entire generation. Turning them into clout monsters and sapping them of any motivation to pursue an actual career.

Think about it this way. Even if TikTok changes the intentions of 0.25% of American kids that’s a giant win for China. It starts eroding away at this country and gives China an advantage in the next 10 to 20 years.

They are playing the long game here.

TikTok has been given a crazy amount of time to delete user data on Chinese servers and have failed to do it. They’ve been caught letting the Chinese government access the data of US users and locations of journalists multiple times.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I like TikTok. Great time waster. I hate that the algorithm rarely ever puts me in ThotTok though and I gotta find my way there myself.

With that being said…. good riddance. shyt is clearly a Chinese spy and propaganda tool. They are using it to try and kill an entire generation. Turning them into clout monsters and sapping them of any motivation to pursue an actual career.

Think about it this way. Even if TikTok changes the intentions of 0.25% of American kids that’s a giant win for China. It starts eroding away at this country and gives China an advantage in the next 10 to 20 years.

They are playing the long game here.

TikTok has been given a crazy amount of time to delete user data on Chinese servers and have failed to do it. They’ve been caught letting the Chinese government access the data of US users and locations of journalists multiple times.

how is this different from any american social media company?

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
been said theres no legal framework for banning apps or websites and we shouldn't have one at all since it's basically a tool for facists.
All this kinda reminds me of 9/11 and how they used that energy to get the Patriot Act and shyt thru.

At least with 9/11 and the energy surrounding it, I can see how the public peacefully gave up some ‘rights’ and ‘protections’ (even if it was previously just for show.

This China shyt is somewhat of a joke.:mjlol: I remember my bro being so mad at China in 2020, sounded like he wanted to re-enlist.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
how is this different from any american social media company?
They are owned and based in China.

There are multiple solutions to this problem, including splitting the company off completely and TikTok has dragged their feet on each one.

Again, I’m a TikTok fan but not naive to why this is happening.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont see this as a freedom issue, maybe I"m wrong, but certain foods, animals, and products are banned all the time, and not allowed to be imported. I figure this would fall under that category.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Also, I don’t agree with 686. It’s over reaching. I’m at a company that has a healthy user population in China and this potentially impacts us in a number of ways.