Tidjane Thiam, Only Black CEO of a Major Bank, Resigns

concise

Veteran
Daps
The disclaimers :mjlol:

Well, this sub has gotten out of control with losing the plot of the story and nitpicking on minor details, so it was needed. :mjlol:

A member of the board was vying for his job and they got into a petty beef. It escalated when the board member bought the house next to him and they got into a neighbor war over trees/gardening/etc. Thiam got pissed off and got a private investigator to find dirt on him so he could get him fired.

They got into a public argument at a work party. Word got out that a PI was involved and he got his COO to eat the charge initially but there was enough evidence to tie him to the situation. The PI ended up killing himself too.

Professionally, he’s implemented a lot of cost cutting initiatives (like all the major banks) and a lot of people have lost jobs as a result. I admire the fact that he was the first black CEO of a major bank but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he was the cause of his own downfall.

I don't understand why the PI had to kill himself. :dwillhuh:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Whats the big deal about hiring a PI? If the other dude was fukking with him and he wanted proof in order have evidence to lodge a formal complaint whats wrong with that?

There’s nothing wrong with it but it’s highly unprofessional to hire a PI for personal squabbles. Especially when you’re the CEO of the company. This is a fireable offense at any level and he was dumb enough to get caught.

BaldingSoHard

Veteran
Daps
And for all the crab-in-a-barrell woke psychos, yes, his last wife was 100% black. In fact she was "ADOS" for all those that need to know stupid shyt like that before you can celebrate a bit of black excellence. So lets just get that out the way.

It's sad and hilarious that this had to be said.

I fux wit you, op (no homo).

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/07/tidjane-thiam-to-step-down-as-credit-suisse-ceo-on-feb-14.html

Born in Ivory Coast. Has served as CEO of Credit Suisse, one of the largest banks in Europe, since 2015.

And for all the crab-in-a-barrell woke psychos, yes, his last wife was 100% black. In fact she was "ADOS" for all those that need to know stupid shyt like that before you can celebrate a bit of black excellence. So lets just get that out the way.

He's being replaced by a white man, so with that there are no black CEOs of any major commercial bank.

Raphael Bostic remains the only President of a federal bank in the US (Atlanta Fed) to my knowledge. Not sure about anywhere else.

We don't talk about or acknowledge our brothers and sisters making moves in the financial world enough.

So a salute :salute:to this brother on his way out.
:mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There’s nothing wrong with it but it’s highly unprofessional to hire a PI for personal squabbles. Especially when you’re the CEO of the company. This is a fireable offense at any level and he was dumb enough to get caught.

But didn’t you say the guy went so far as to purchase a house next to his JUST for the sake of fukking with him? I mean how else is a black man supposed to handle a man (especially if it was a Cac) being so petty as to start shyt with you that he’s willing to invade your personal living area? He couldn’t simply beat his ass because that would CERTAINLY have been a bad look and fireable offense. Hiring a PI to properly document and record the fukkery so he has proof of such seems like a smart and measured move to me.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
But didn’t you say the guy went so far as to purchase a house next to his JUST for the sake of fukking with him? I mean how else is a black man supposed to handle a man (especially if it was a Cac) being so petty as to start shyt with you that he’s willing to invade your personal living area? He couldn’t simply beat his ass because that would CERTAINLY have been a bad look and fireable offense. Hiring a PI to properly document and record the fukkery so he has proof of such seems like a smart and measured move to me.

Someone with a HR background will need to clarify but I’m sure anything the PI would have found wouldn’t have necessarily been admissible to fire him immediately anyway because this wasn’t a company sanctioned investigation. Unless he was gonna find something criminal, he wasn’t going to be able to bring it to the board to get him fired.

He could have just set him up for failure professionally or gotten other members of the board on his side and they could have voted him out. There were plenty of other solutions before having to get a PI...and even then, this doesn’t negate the fact he was sloppy enough to get caught as the CEO. He is wealthy enough to have done this in a way for this to not come back to him.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/07/tidjane-thiam-to-step-down-as-credit-suisse-ceo-on-feb-14.html

Born in Ivory Coast. Has served as CEO of Credit Suisse, one of the largest banks in Europe, since 2015.

He's being replaced by a white man, so with that there are no black CEOs of any major commercial bank.

Raphael Bostic remains the only President of a federal bank in the US (Atlanta Fed) to my knowledge. Not sure about anywhere else.

We don't talk about or acknowledge our brothers and sisters making moves in the financial world enough.

So a salute :salute:to this brother on his way out.
:mjlol: :mjlol: :laff: Come on breh don't fukk it up, it's Friday...

Perfect day for some MISERY!! :blessed:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Imagine that he wasn’t ADOS :russ: he was an immigrant :lolbron:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
A member of the board was vying for his job and they got into a petty beef. It escalated when the board member bought the house next to him and they got into a neighbor war over trees/gardening/etc. Thiam got pissed off and got a private investigator to find dirt on him so he could get him fired.

They got into a public argument at a work party. Word got out that a PI was involved and he got his COO to eat the charge initially but there was enough evidence to tie him to the situation. The PI ended up killing himself too.

Professionally, he’s implemented a lot of cost cutting initiatives (like all the major banks) and a lot of people have lost jobs as a result. I admire the fact that he was the first black CEO of a major bank but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he was the cause of his own downfall.

:ohhh:

invalid

Banned
Daps
In fact she was "ADOS" for all those that need to know stupid shyt like that before you can celebrate a bit of black excellence. So lets just get that out the way.

And very accomplished in her own right.

I admire the fact that he was the first black CEO of a major bank but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he was the cause of his own downfall.

No he isn’t. Maybe in Europe. However, Stanley O’Neal was just CEO of Merrill Lynch. Became CEO in ‘03.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR

It seems that 50 Thiam has only himself to blame :manny:

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I read up and it seems to me that the brother got rail-roaded. The company did an investigation and found no evidence whatsoever that HE had any knowledge of the spy scandal. Seems like he was liked and respected enough that some of the biggest shareholders backed him and wanted the guy who eventually replaced him to resign, but as the story always seems to end, they got rid of the brother.

The personal shyt with the half Cac doesn’t even seem to have relevance with the spying issue. They were spying on him because he was mad he couldn’t usurp the brother and left to work for company’s biggest rival and they were afraid be was going to poach clientele.