Tidjane Thiam, Only Black CEO of a Major Bank, Resigns

SupaDupaFresh

Superstar
Daps
www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/02/07/tidjane-thiam-to-step-down-as-credit-suisse-ceo-on-feb-14.html

Born in Ivory Coast. Has served as CEO of Credit Suisse, one of the largest banks in Europe, since 2015.

And for all the crab-in-a-barrell woke psychos, yes, his last wife was 100% black. In fact she was "ADOS" for all those that need to know stupid shyt like that before you can celebrate a bit of black excellence. So lets just get that out the way.

He's being replaced by a white man, so with that there are no black CEOs of any major commercial bank.

Raphael Bostic remains the only President of a federal bank in the US (Atlanta Fed) to my knowledge. Not sure about anywhere else.

We don't talk about or acknowledge our brothers and sisters making moves in the financial world enough.

So a salute :salute:to this brother on his way out.

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I work for major bank and I know people that worked in Credit Suisse. There was a lot of fukkery going on with Thiam. He kinda deserves to lose his job for being so stupid tbh :manny:

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I work for major bank and I know people that worked in Credit Suisse. There was a lot of fukkery going on with Thiam. He kinda deserves to lose his job for being so stupid tbh :manny:
This. I hate to say it as a black man, but this guy was shyt and should be gone. He was never liked, drastically reduced pay within the investment bank and Credit Suisse lost a lot of long tenured people with big books of business to competitors during his tenure. Good riddance.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
What was he doing

A member of the board was vying for his job and they got into a petty beef. It escalated when the board member bought the house next to him and they got into a neighbor war over trees/gardening/etc. Thiam got pissed off and got a private investigator to find dirt on him so he could get him fired.

They got into a public argument at a work party. Word got out that a PI was involved and he got his COO to eat the charge initially but there was enough evidence to tie him to the situation. The PI ended up killing himself too.

Professionally, he’s implemented a lot of cost cutting initiatives (like all the major banks) and a lot of people have lost jobs as a result. I admire the fact that he was the first black CEO of a major bank but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he was the cause of his own downfall.

Pyrexcup

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A member of the board was vying for his job and they got into a petty beef. It escalated when the board member bought the house next to him and they got into a neighbor war over trees/gardening/etc. Thiam got pissed off and got a private investigator to find dirt on him so he could get him fired.

They got into a public argument at a work party. Word got out that a PI was involved and he got his COO to eat the charge initially but there was enough evidence to tie him to the situation. The PI ended up killing himself too.
:picard:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Professionally, he’s implemented a lot of cost cutting initiatives (like all the major banks) and a lot of people have lost jobs as a result. I admire the fact that he was the first black CEO of a major bank but that doesn’t excuse the fact that he was the cause of his own downfall.

Whats the big deal about hiring a PI? If the other dude was fukking with him and he wanted proof in order have evidence to lodge a formal complaint whats wrong with that?