Thunder restrict ticket sales to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Kansas

South Paw

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CML
OKC Thunder explain ticket sale restrictions that leave Sonics fans out - Seattle News - MyNorthwest.com

Despite Sonics fans' recent kerfuffle with Thunder fans over a t-shirt, a Seattle fan wanted to go to the Western Conference Finals and wear his green and gold proudly.

Steve Bellows, a life-long Sonics fan was trying to go to Thursday or Saturday's game. Then he encountered a restriction on the TicketMaster website.

The ticketing giant posted a notice that tickets to Western Conference Final games may only be sold to residents of Oklahoma, and portions of Kansas and Arkansas.

"I went on an NBA boycott after they left," Bellows said. "And they still have (Nick) Collison and (Kevin) Durant and stuff, and I still root for them."

He was planning to wear Sonics gear, because despite his cheers for the Thunder athletes, he still feels like they are the Sonics.

It's unfair according to Bellows, even going as far to question the ticket sales' legality and morality.

The Thunder responded to questions of their limited tickets on Friday. A majority of the seats in Chesapeake Energy Arena are owned by more than 14,000 season ticket holders, according to an NBA-Thunder spokesperson.

Because that means a limited number of tickets remain, "We want to focus on making them available to fans in our region," said Dan Mahoney with OKC Thunder in an email.

Mahoney said that they recommend using a ticket exchange program that doesn't have the same geographical restrictions as TicketMaster. "We would always encourage them to visit our Thunder TicketExchange, an online opportunity to buy tickets from our season ticket members."

Is this even legal? :pacspit:

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Thunder actin like some hoes.
thats fukked up. if he makes enough noise he can get some free shyt out of it tho

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
its legal and I applaud them for it...

this is the reason why Lil Wayne couldnt get tickets to the game.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
its legal and I applaud them for it...

this is the reason why Lil Wayne couldnt get tickets to the game.

Yeah once I saw how many season ticket holders they have, I agreed with it.

I mean it does suck for ol boy (even tho he can still buy tickets through an alternative route) but I understand their reasoning.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
:stopitslime: the people in the area got every opportunity to see them play. what if people just happen to be in okc for whatever reason and wanna go see a game?
fukk that fakkit ass franchise and the fakkits that play for it

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:stopitslime: the people in the area got every opportunity to see them play. what if people just happen to be in okc for whatever reason and wanna go see a game?
fukk that fakkit ass franchise and the fakkits that play for it

you're a bit of an idiot arent you. this is for playoff games

every team should do this.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Good for them. Build up your core fan base and make it strong.

Nobody from Seattle or other places will be "fans" when the team starts losing down the road. Then at least you'll still have loyal fans who will come to games.

But I bet that old white dude in the cowboy hat who goes to every NBA playoff game still gets in. LOL

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
you're a bit of an idiot arent you. this is for playoff games

every team should do this.
i'll beat you soccer lovin ass bytch :hmm:
you shouldnt be able to restrict people from out of the area to not be able to buy tickets. shyt aint right. it's not like the stadium gon be empty. ticket sales should be open to all no matter where you're from. and dont bring up some givin away homecourt advantage BS cuz whoever they sell the seats to wont outnumber thunder fans

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good for them. Build up your core fan base and make it strong.

Nobody from Seattle or other places will be "fans" when the team starts losing down the road. Then at least you'll still have loyal fans who will come to games.

But I bet that old white dude in the cowboy hat who goes to every NBA playoff game still gets in. LOL

Don't know why people don't understand this. This also rewards local fans and prevents out of towners from scooping up all the good tickets.

I kind of wish the Lakers would do this.....

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
so what if an okc fan who lives outside those 3 areas wants to fly down to see the game?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Can't believe no one has said this yet, but...

I assume the main reason for this is that they don't want out-of-state resellers buying up tickets with the SOLE intention of reselling them on StubHub for jacked up rates.