Throwback: "Road House" /w Patrick Swayze

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
supposedly they’re doing a remake of this…I forgot which actor it was but I was watching a show he was recently in and on his IMDb credits was an upcoming role in “road house”

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I remember watching after passing over it numerous times because I thought Swayze was on that soft shyt.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Back in my Army days in the late 90s I learned RoadHouse is to white boys what "Friday/Scarface/Menace II Society" is to brothas. 1 of those movies you can watch any and every time and love it. Saying the lines along with the actors and shyt just like we do for Friday etc. One time we took a charter bus from Killeen to El Paso for an exercise and the bus had a VCR. Somebody popped in Road House. Them rednecks had never been happier :pachaha:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Back in my Army days in the late 90s I learned RoadHouse is to white boys what "Friday/Scarface/Menace II Society" is to brothas. 1 of those movies you can watch any and every time and love it. Saying the lines along with the actors and shyt just like we do for Friday etc. One time we took a charter bus from Killeen to El Paso for an exercise and the bus had a VCR. Somebody popped in Road House. Them rednecks had never been happier :pachaha:

granted I’m not white but “road house” was definitely one of those movies I’d stop and watch if I was channel surfing and seen that it was on even tho I seen it plenty of times before…same goes for “big trouble in little china” or any action movie with arnold schwarzenegger or jean claude van damme lol

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
granted I’m not white but “road house” was definitely one of those movies I’d stop and watch if I was channel surfing and seen that it was on even tho I seen it plenty of times before…same goes for “big trouble in little china” or any action movie with arnold schwarzenegger or jean claude van damme lol
All black ppl have white movies we will always stop and watch. Not like there's much choice. For me it's Tombstone among many others.

But Road House is different for rednecks. That shyt is a classic among classics. It don't hit us the same way, trust me on this.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All black ppl have white movies we will always stop and watch. Not like there's much choice. For me it's Tombstone among many others.

But Road House is different for rednecks. That shyt is a classic among classics. It don't hit us the same way, trust me on this.

I wasn’t looking to argue how it impacts “the whites” versus “the blacks”…just saying I get that it’s a good highly rewatchable movie…that’s all lol

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wasn’t looking to argue how it impacts “the whites” versus “the blacks”…just saying I get that it’s a good highly rewatchable movie…that’s all lol
Neither was I. But you led with "I'm not white but..." so I offered a lil clarity. We good.