Threw my back out

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks brehs. I'm doing simple back stretch stretches now and it's helping my back. I plan to go back to the gym next week, but I will be sure to stretch before working out . This is something I never used to do.:pachaha: I thought it was only for old man. Forgot I'm in my mid thirties now. :flabbynsick:

I've been out for four weeks. I haven't gone that long without working out in four years brehs.

allshaftnohead

Refuse to believe it's not butter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Thanks brehs. I'm doing simple back stretch stretches now and it's helping my back. I plan to go back to the gym next week, but I will be sure to stretch before working out . This is something I never used to do.:pachaha: I thought it was only for old man. Forgot I'm in my mid thirties now. :flabbynsick:

I've been out for four weeks. I haven't gone that long without working out in four years brehs.
I'm just gettin back into the gym from some real bad lower back pain. Yoga for the lower back, stretching slowly every mornin, and sitting with good posture have helped a lot.

What's your core strength like tho? I noticed that I've been lackin on that and it became apparent that it wasn't helping my back at all. I got into some more core (both front and back) and that has helped too.

shyt is kinda expensive, but if you got a good massage place to go to that helps too. There was this place with a lady who used to work on olympic athletes that I started fukkin with before track meets in high school. I went back last week and asked to get some work done and :whew: that shyt helped so much.

Finally was able to do deads this week for the first time since May

hypo666

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have strained upper and lower back. Lowerback is worse, knocks form off on other exercises if you try and train around it even... it also takes longer in my experience to heal . I have had an issue with upperback that takes a couple of days at most, and could still train, but lower back I have been several weeks with a problem maybe several days completely off the gym and had to cut back on ab work for longer.

In the past ,the standard treatment for a lower back strain, was complete rest,lying on a hardfloor as much as possible. I actually find being active ,but not going to the gym and lifting ,helps to quicken recovery. So don't just lie around thinking it will make it better quicker.

Yes stretching is important as is a light circuit either using your bodyweight, or weights, What I do to warm up, is 25 bench press,with 50 percent what I normally lift, 25 pulldowns, again 50 percent of what I normally do, 25 bodyweight squats and 25 bent over twists 25 each side (don't attempt this until your back is 100 percent). That little circuit covers all muscles more or less, I do that before stretching,

Also watch your form on exercises, and take some time to build up to using heavy weight, your ego means fukk all in the gym if you do something impressive and are then laid up for weeks. Not accusing anyone of this, but someone I know an experienced lifter who competed in regional bodybuilding contests,so he has zero excuse , decided to impress a load of younger guys ,with the amount of weight he could t bar row, and he completely fukked his back and he now is using the kind of weight, our two female members use for his back.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
:damn: Dr. says it's back muscle pain probably due to not stretching before I went HAM on Burpees and shadow boxing.

It's been almost 2 weeks now. The pain is lessening over time, but my back is still stiff and i'm trying to get back to working out. Anyone have experience with back pain before? What I'm I looking at here? Are Deads and Squats out for good?

Help a breh out :mjcry:
Tryin to be like me and got fukked up. Sick to jumping jacks bruh

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
i actually been feeling really good with my back progress.

@Robbie3000 this is another awesome workout that u can do if u buy an exercise ball. this coupled with the good morning pose and some stretching and i have honestly never felt stronger.