Threw my back out

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:damn: Dr. says it's back muscle pain probably due to not stretching before I went HAM on Burpees and shadow boxing.

It's been almost 2 weeks now. The pain is lessening over time, but my back is still stiff and i'm trying to get back to working out. Anyone have experience with back pain before? What I'm I looking at here? Are Deads and Squats out for good?

Help a breh out :mjcry:

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
You hurt your back once (lower back) its always gonna be risky doing things like dead lift. be careful bruh, I've hurt my back a bunch of times since I hurt it the first time, not fun.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I hurt my back pretty bad not that long ago. Mentally I can't do deads with a straight bar, hex bar is fine. I front and back squat and don't have issues. Chiropractor helped a lot in my case.

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Deads should be out if you care about your back health.

Isn't one of the main reasons dead lifts are considered one of the core essential lifts because it builds a stronger, healthier back?

What's wrong with them if you don't try to lift a stupid amount of weight?

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR

i been doing only the good mornings(first workout) for 2 months now and i havent had any back issues at all. i been doing bjj consistently 3 days a week and have been feeling good whereas before, i couldnt last more than 2 weeks without having to sit out with back pain.

Daps
Reppin
Dallas
False. Just do them correctly. It's easy to develop mental blocks with deadlifts I will say that.

I mean he can do them if he wants to deadlift 20 pounds for the rest of his life. There is no way you could ever challenge yourself on deads with a back injury.

Truth200

Banned
Daps
Unless your training to play sports and make money as a pro don't lift.

I went to college to play basketball on scholarship and i wish i never lifted heavy.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't one of the main reasons dead lifts are considered one of the core essential lifts because it builds a stronger, healthier back?

What's wrong with them if you don't try to lift a stupid amount of weight?
once you hurt your back on it, it becomes a mental thing. makes you nervous and you don't want to lift with that state of mind. and i remember reading (don't quote me on this) that once you get a back injury, you're more prone to it. last time i tried to deadlift after an injury, i was ok at first but once i started to increase the weight, i felt this funny feeling (pause) and i stopped right away. and the weight wasn't even close to what i used to lift (wasn't a pro or anything)

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Dr. says it's back muscle pain probably due to not stretching before I went HAM on Burpees and shadow boxing.

It's been almost 2 weeks now. The pain is lessening over time, but my back is still stiff and i'm trying to get back to working out. Anyone have experience with back pain before? What I'm I looking at here? Are Deads and Squats out for good?

Help a breh out
I've had my back go out while working on a construction project. I was drilling downward into wood, I heard a pop. Then, I could hardly move. I had to walk like an old man, small steps while walking and talking one step at a time going up and down stairs. It took some downtime of not doing any weight lifting. Your lower back muscles get activated doing so many things you don't even realize until your back is out. Couldn't do chest, bicep, lats, or tricep exercises.
Anyway, I'm very careful when lifting stuff, like luggage, or crates, boxes, anything heavy. I try to use my legs to do the heavy lifting. Don't twist your back while lifting or have my upper body angled.
You'll when your back has recovered. I would take it easy when doing squats for the first time. Start with zero weight. Then, move onto the fixed weight barbells. The kind that are between 10 to 100 lbs and the bars are about three feet long. Once your body feels confident lifting low weights, then you can move on to usual lifting.
I would suggest you stretch more often and go for more flexibility after cardio and leg workout days. You should be pushing your flexibility farther to prevent future injuries.

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Try doing hyperextensions on a medicine ball at first to ease your way back into it, along with Superman's. Then do the machine extensions, then DB deadlifts...then eventually you can go back to regular deads.