Thread of Korean Piff (Series')

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Show is 4 Mics...

But Vincenzo holds the title for show of the year & it's not even close :wow:

But glad we got some new members to the K drama gang, y'all got a hell of a ride if you decide to invest some serious times in to the shows :banderas:

Yea…. I’m gonna watch started today….. but it’s gonna take a lot to take the crown from Vincenzo

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I’m two episodes into squid games, saw parasite, train to busan and a couple other random Korean movies
Pretty much it’s all been good
Is it a case of the U.S market only getting the best of the best from Korea or is it something else making the content so good on avg?
I think maybe it’s the consistently good writing/story telling or the way the language kind of naturally emotes due to the cadence
Has this been discussed in here?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I’m two episodes into squid games, saw parasite, train to busan and a couple other random Korean movies
Is it a case of the U.S market only getting the best of the best from Korea or is it something else making the content so good on avg?
I think maybe it’s the consistently good writing/story telling or the way the language kind of naturally emotes due to the cadence

@Figaro or @Monsanto can probably explain it better but they're just in another golden age.

They've had a steady output of classics since the early 2000s. Government change and economic boom just had talented writers and directors come out the bushes.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps

Gangnam style kicked the doors down. Korea wasn't known outside of Asia for cultural exports until that song blew. Even BoA couldn't pop.
:mjcry:

They did some great studies from the late 90s that showed Japan's cultural influence across the world and finally let their products in as well. Then their government wanted the Koreans to be recognized as number 1 in media.

One thing they realized, everyone in the market had saturated visuals. I feel they took this from Belly, every show has a colour pallette that they have to choose from. It helps that their food is also colorful as well. Everything from their fashion to makeup is all captured by the camera to entice people to contribute to their goods and eventual tourism.

Even if you find a terrible show, you're not going to hate it because of cinematography, beauty or acting. Everything is eye pleasing and harder to see flaws. Compared to a Snyder film, where you have to deal with the gray and everything that comes with it.

Every character matters and has goals. Poverty is always shown so the underdog is relatable for most.

There's a switch from around 2013-2014 dramas when they had their budgets increased going into that 2015-2016 season. Same with music videos.

Essentially, everything is curated because of big budgets, global audience and the desire to beat Japan.

Watch the trailer of Iris compared to Vagabond and you'll see the difference. Made for Koreans and made for the globe.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Back to my Japanese shows after Squid Game
:hhh:

Gonna finish up these two episodes of 1 Litre of Tears and then watch the movie.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
That squid game ending tho
this nikka has enough money to see his daughter more but chooses to save strangers in the next year of the game. Doesn’t give a fukk about his kid or the hell he went through and decides to go back leaving his daughter hanging AGAIN. SMH
Squid game ending

nah fukk that ending imma assume he went and got his daughter back

He missed the birth of his daughter because a coworker died at their protest. :francis:
Poverty and justice fallacy.
Show was mid, so this ending was expected.