Thoughts on Netflix poaching all the major TV producers

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'll admit certain movies are enhanced or can best be appreciated by being seen in Imax (Gravity, Avatar, Dunkirk, etc), but if you have a good sound system and quality TV, what are you gaining by watching the majority of films in a theatre?

For horror flicks it’s more enjoyable to me because it becomes like being in a haunted house. Some shyt I’d just rather have the community experience. Seeing dark knight in a theater will always shape my view of that shyt

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Seeing dark knight in a theater will always shape my view of that shyt
I've long held the quiet belief that the "theatre experience" influences, to varying degrees, people's opinions about films. Despite the negatives I listed before, I enjoy the theatre experience as well. That said, I hate a lot of shyt connected to the release of movies in general and think having a portion of the industry released directly to consumers would mitigate a bit of that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I've long held the quiet belief that the "theatre experience" influences, to varying degrees, people's opinions about films. Despite the negatives I listed before, I enjoy the theatre experience as well. That said, I hate a lot of shyt connected to the release of movies in general and think having a portion of the industry released directly to consumers would mitigate a bit of that.

Yeah like the prices and of course the fact that people are people and will do people shyt. And a lot of that depends on geography unfortunately. I'm lucky enough where I don't have to deal with bullshyt theaters anymore. But I'm thinking about IT and seeing that by myself vs seeing it in that theater on opening weekend:wow:

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
Yeah like the prices and of course the fact that people are people and will do people shyt. And a lot of that depends on geography unfortunately. I'm lucky enough where I don't have to deal with bullshyt theaters anymore. But I'm thinking about IT and seeing that by myself vs seeing it in that theater on opening weekend:wow:
I feel you. I can't imagine watching Black Panther dolo. That one needs to be enjoyed in a hood theatre at least once for the culture (a matinee doe:mjpls:)

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
:russ:

Going to the Alamo....for a 3pm show
I love my people, but I know better than to see this at the hood spot on a Friday night
2gtn1x0.jpg

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I love my people, but I know better than to see this at the hood spot on a Friday night:mjpls:

Alamo not even in the hood my dude. All the night shows were sold out:francis: and this is in suburban VA..near where the redskins players live and practice.

But yeah no hood movie theater. Stopped going to them shyts in high school. Matrix Revolutions was bad enough without all the extra bullshyt

tonyclifton

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I hate going to the theaters unless I go to a early show and I don't have time for that shyt

The fact I can watch a new martin scorcese movie the day of its release on my big ass tv in piece and quiet while smoking,drinking and eating whatever I want

:blessed: I'm all for it

I hope Sony actually pulls out of the tarantino movie so netflix can swoop in and let him do his thing

My only concern and this is because I'm not really knowledgeable in this part is too much freedom

I ain't trying to watch a 4 hour scorcese movie if it has an hour of filler just cuz he can

Like I said I'm not sure how much input a studio has on final cut but it could cause some overly bloated movies/shows