Thoughts on kettlebells?

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I think they are highly over rated. Cardio and weight training work better separately.

Also dumbells have been shown to be more effective at gaining strength. You can't lift a kettlebell as high and it's undue strain on the wrist.

Not to mention swinging looks really gay and no real top athletes have gotten where they have gotten using kettlebells.

Females who use it tend to have overly muscular shoulders and look less femine.

Who's with me on the anti-kettlebell movement

Sh*t is for fruit booties

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I don't use them. It's a fad. It's for cross-fit people who want a "different" kind of exercise to perform. All the kettlebell exercises are a modification of an exercise that can be done with a barbell or dumbbell.

bigblue99

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I don't use them. It's a fad. It's for cross-fit people who want a "different" kind of exercise to perform. All the kettlebell exercises are a modification of an exercise that can be done with a barbell or dumbbell.

:rudy:
I used to think that then I actually tried them. shyt is no joke I was like this :deadrose: after 20 minutes

semtex

:)
Daps
:rudy:
I used to think that then I actually tried them. shyt is no joke I was like this :deadrose: after 20 minutes
that's bc you're doing olympic style lifts with them. do the same exercises with a barbell and you will be ( :dead: )^4x+1

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
And I just bought 1today... Decided to search and see if there was a thread on this. Good thing I didn't trash the receipt. :guilty:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Extremely fun to use... Geez, this forum hates on Olympic lifts, kettle bells, :laugh:

Turkish get-ups are fun, snatches are fun...

Kettle bells are good for building your posterior chain...

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California

Everything in fitness is a "fad" at some point if it is discovered to be an effective form of exercise.

Bodybuilding was a "fad" at one point, "plyometrics" was a fad as well. Eventually these things became very common. KB's will too.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Extremely fun to use... Geez, this forum hates on Olympic lifts, kettle bells, :laugh:

Turkish get-ups are fun, snatches are fun...

Kettle bells are good for building your posterior chain...
Good looks, I was about to pass them off to my homeboy or something. He did his PT certification so he knows what to do with 'em. Should I youtube some videos for basic workouts, and if so, what would you suggest?

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Good looks, I was about to pass them off to my homeboy or something. He did his PT certification so he knows what to do with 'em. Should I youtube some videos for basic workouts, and if so, what would you suggest?
Check out rkc forums and YouTube search Gus Peterson.

Your best bet is learning one exercise at a time...

Start with Deadlifts, then move to hang cleans, snatches, front squats, shoulder presses, and Turkish get ups...

Daps
Depends on what your goals are. I personally love them because, like someone else mentioned, they build/strengthen the posterior chain. Swing intervals are also an EXCELLENT fat burner. It's a tool just like any other type of fitness equipment (dumbbells, medicine balls, etc) that is very versatile and can give you good results if used consistently.