Those of you with a DIGITAL movie catalog...that you PURCHASED...have you seen any downside, loss of purchases, etc?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Because my catalog is starting to build. I'm all in on Chromecast, have every streaming service really with my own and my own passwords, and i'm pretty centered in the google-verse when it comes to devices and cloud stuff.

I wanted top gun in 4k, but don't have a 4k blu ray player. Instead, I just bought it digital...with google it went straight to my chromecast libarary...:patrice: convenient. Then I wanted to watch The Big Short...hmm this is cheap...same thing...now i just bought Godfather 1 and 2 4k...now THIS is what i'm talking about...

a movie with VARIOUS bad versions and copies...this is C R Y S T A L, its brighter, its significantly better than my Blu Ray...and I'll eternally want to watch this movie. With such specific use of lighting and shadows...its worth it.

so before I go deeper in this direction...are there any DOWNSIDES to an above-the-board 4k digital movie catalog? Spare me the 'oh i just go to ____ site' because i'm beyond that shyt tbh :hubie:

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
idk the odds of this happening, but when you buy digital good like movies and books (especially from Google), they always have a clause that says you technically don't own the movie, you just own the right to stream the movie on their platform, and they could technically take access to movie away or something like that.

Once again, I'm sure it's highly unlikely to happen, just something I noticed in the fine print while purchasing one day.

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
For reference, I think the Demon Slayer movie leaked on Playstation months before it was supposed to on accident. The people who bought it had their money refunded and the title removed from their library mid-watch or before they even got to watch it in some cases.

An extreme example but they could technically do that with any movie. If a movie is deemed to be controversial at a later point in life, they could decide to just rescind access to it.

but outside of 'ownership of product' and 'shareability with friends' I don't see any issue with a digital catalogue.

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
I had a gang of TV series like “American Gangster” (BET Series) and a bunch of 30 for 30s I purchased that before I moved overseas “disappear” from my iTunes catalog. Only a couple of movies have disappeared

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only time I ever lost digital movies was when people were selling instantwatch codes for cartoonishly cheap. I got Bad Boys For Life, Bloodshot, Terminator Dark Fate, and Jumanji The Next Level all in 4k for like $6 total. they pulled all them shyts off my vudu account. Everything else is still there.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
i got a solid collection between Vudu and MA...sideloaded Vudu on my firestick so I have access to most of my collection digitally. But stoill got mad blu/4k discs and will still buy them.

fukk STX cause all they offer are itunes codes.

Wish MGM, Paramount, Lionsgate etc. would join MA.

Peauxboy

All Star
Daps
My intro to this was through Vudu. My blue ray player broke on me and once I finally got the disc out and put it away I noticed the lil card that comes inside disc case. Entered the code on their app and I’ve been streaming movies since.

I wish I wouldn't have ignored that lil card, because majority of the codes expired on me.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Debrid gang 0 losses, i have a bunch of ssd's and Hard Drives filled to the brim. Built my own movie/TV server can watch wherever i go. I still buy the classics i really enjoy on Blu-Ray. I like to have copies on drives and disc you never know when the internet could go down. :manny:

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My intro to this was through Vudu. My blue ray player broke on me and once I finally got the disc out and put it away I noticed the lil card that comes inside disc case. Entered the code on their app and I’ve been streaming movies since.

I wish I wouldn't have ignored that lil card, because majority of the codes expired on me.
It’s funny, I found a Forrest Gump code in my phone gallery that was expired 2021, code still worked last week