Those digital codes that come with Blu-Rays...

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
9rlmo5.jpg

Please post if you've used it. I'm sure I have more have to go through them though.
thanks breh

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
According to a Sony Exec in this article from 3 weeks ago: http://www.digitaltveurope.net/2509...lity-to-combat-netflix-model-says-sony-chief/ , They plan to implement UV into PlayStation & other Sony devices.

Singh said all Sony devices have a plan for UV. PlayStation is in the process of implementing its UV strategy and of migrating from being a game devices to a central device for the living room. “There is a roadmap for all of our devices to have UV,” he said.

I think that means they plan to make SEN/Video Unlimited an UltraViolet retailer. Hopefully that puts more pressure on Microsoft to also make Xbox Video an UltraViolet retailer.

:ohhh: Hopefully this rebranding is when Video Unlimited will become an UltraViolet retailer.
Video Unlimited To Be Rebranded As PlayStation Video

By Tyler Lee on 01/29/2015

video-unlimited-640x400.jpg

As some of you might have heard, Sony has decided to put an end to their Music Unlimited service, instead choosing to partner with Spotify in a launch of a new service called PlayStation Music. The new service has yet to launch but it will be available on Sony’s PlayStation consoles as well as Xperia smartphones and tablets.

Now it looks like Sony will be doing the same to their Video Unlimited service, although in this case Sony will not be shutting the service down, but will instead be rebranding it. Much like how Sony now has PlayStation Music, they will also have PlayStation Video which is basically the rebranded version of Video Unlimited.

For now it looks like apart from the rebranding, nothing about the service is expected to change, but we’ll be keeping our eyes peeled for any changes that might occur in the future. The rebranding will also put the service in the same brand as Sony’s other services, such as the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Now, and the PlayStation Plus.

Sony expects the new branding to begin February where it will be applied to the 11 countries where it is currently offered in, so when next month rolls around and you can’t find Video Unlimited, fret not because it will now be known as PlayStation Video.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/01/video-unlimited-to-be-rebranded-as-playstation-video/

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
thing that annoys me is that only like 20 percent of the movies use Itunes it seems....I never know if a movie I get from amazon will have that itunes code

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
thing that annoys me is that only like 20 percent of the movies use Itunes it seems....I never know if a movie I get from amazon will have that itunes code

You can tell if it comes with an iTunes code or not by what Studio released the Blu-ray/DVD:

Major Studios

Sony: UV only

WB : UV only

Fox: Choice of UV, iTunes, or Google Play

MGM/FOX: UV only

Universal: UV & iTunes

Paramount: Blu-ray releases are UV & iTunes; DVD releases are UV only

HBO: choice of UV, iTunes, or Google Play if redeemed on the HBO Redemption page; can redeem all 3 parts if you enter code directly into iTunes, a UV retailer, & Google Play

Disney/Pixar/Marvel: DMA (Disney Movies Anywhere) & Digital Copy + (Choice of iTunes, Vudu, Google Play, or Amazon Instant)

Smaller Studios

LionsGate/Summit: Big Blu-ray releases are UV & iTunes; Smaller Blu-ray & all DVD releases are UV only;

Starz/Anchor Bay: UV Only

Relativity Media: UV only?

The Weinstein Company: UV & iTunes

Arc Entertainment: Vudu Only

Echo Bridge/Miramax: Vudu Only

Ketchup Entertainment: Vudu Only

:

If you not sure, just ask me.

Last edited:

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:ohhh: Hopefully this rebranding is when Video Unlimited will become an UltraViolet retailer.
What's the difference between using that and using the vudu app?

More options. Right now the only app you can watch your UV collection on the PS4 & PS3 is the VUDU app.

On the Xbox 360/One you can watch your UV collection on the CinemaNow, Paramount Movies, VUDU, Flixster, & Target Ticket apps.

Roku has even more apps you can watch your UV collection on.