Those About To Die - TV Series (Ancient Rome & Gladiators/Anthony Hopkins/Peacock/July 18th)

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Pretty good series. It balanced politics/dialogue, action, royal issues, and commoner issues well. I’d watch another season if they made it.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Hopkins was to old to be in a transformers movie and that was like 5 years ago he got to be ancient in this :scust:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I mean unless they're going to speak in Latin or Greek, any other accent/language would be historically inaccurate
I call it stupid becuz of the fact that Ancient Rome Dominated Ancient Britannia :mjlol:

It would actually not take me out of it if they all had neutral American accents instead of the accents of the actual people they conquered

You see what I'm saying now:russ:

Last edited:

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I call it stupid becuz of the fact that Ancient Rome Dominated Ancient Brittania :mjlol:

It would actually not take me out of it if they all had neutral American accents instead of the accents of the actual people they conquered

The English language wasn't even around during Ancient Rome so it's all a moot point.

My guess is for the rest of the globe, the British accent is not as jarring to hear in these show settings compared to the American one.

Ty Daniels

Superstar
Daps
I call it stupid becuz of the fact that Ancient Rome Dominated Ancient Britannia :mjlol:

They use that same English Accent in all movies about the Ancient World.

The purpose is to give a FALSE association with Anglo-Saxon, Germanic "Whites".

For all the Bullshyt "they" say online about "Race Swapping"...
They have ZERO problem with portraying NON-WHITE Mediterranean Greeks and Romans as "White People" (Germanic Descendant Populations).

Notice their is ZERO "Think-pieces" about "Historical Accuracy", and "Stealing History".
No Online "Uproar", No Petitions to sign, etc...

Just hypocritical as always.

The Germanic Tribes are actually part of the reason the Roman Civilization was destroyed, and had NOTHING to do with the origin, creation, or continuation of Greco-Roman Civilization.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They use that same English Accent in all movies about the Ancient World.

The purpose is to give a FALSE association with Anglo-Saxon, Germanic "Whites".

For all the Bullshyt "they" say online about "Race Swapping"...
They have ZERO problem with portraying NON-WHITE Mediterranean Greeks and Romans as "White People" (Germanic Descendant Populations).

Notice their is ZERO "Think-pieces" about "Historical Accuracy", and "Stealing History".
No Online "Uproar", No Petitions to sign, etc...

Just hypocritical as always.

The Germanic Tribes are actually part of the reason the Roman Civilization was destroyed, and had NOTHING to do with the origin, creation, or continuation of Greco-Roman Civilization.

Major facts.

But, white people will white people. They'll have Ancient Romans speaking English played by British Actors when England is across a channel and 2 countries from Italy depending on how you travel. Only to tell us that black people can't be associated with Egypt when A. Nubia and A. Egypt shared a land border, a river, customs and religion.