"This What Happens When the Knicks Run the Show" Official '24-25 NY Knicks Pre-Season Thread

Derek Lee

#thunderup
Supporter
Daps

lebron-james-shocked.gif

seemorecizzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Appreciate the honesty but Yikes

same exact shyt i said pretty much lol
i know it's pre season but he looks very out of place. Even when he attempts shots, they look rushed. He seems uncomfortable with his role.

He's gonna start on opening night cause thibs wouldnt start a new line up, but its definitely something to look at
But i respeck the fact he has no ego and is willing to come off da bench. Just start Precious so OG Can go back to the 3, he also looks lost at times. and we need more rebounding and toughness up front anyway.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
same exact shyt i said pretty much lol

But i respeck the fact he has no ego and is willing to come off da bench. Just start Precious so OG Can go back to the 3, he also looks lost at times. and we need more rebounding and toughness up front anyway.
i been saying this for a while. Hart on the bench works, and Precious brings defense and rebounding at the 4. If he can hit an open 3 even better. It doesn’t help that Shamet got injured and their plan for him to be a major scorer for the bench unit is over.

You also see Dadiet Lowkey making a pitch for himself as a potential starter too. His off ball movement as a rookie is already high level, like something you would expect from a high IQ vet. If he can become even an average defender I think he could stick with the starters which sounds crazy, but clearly Thibs was at least considering it. Keep in mind the kid looks young as hell. If they improve his conditioning the defense might get better by default.

Moving Hart to the bench could also let Bridges take on more of a utility role with the starters while they figure out wtf is going on with his shot.

Its really annoying though how a few weeks ago the idea was chemistry was going to overcome talent and now they have talent and the chemistry is shyt.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
i know it's pre season but he looks very out of place. Even when he attempts shots, they look rushed. He seems uncomfortable with his role.

He's gonna start on opening night cause thibs wouldnt start a new line up, but its definitely something to look at
I think Hart's slow starts to each of the past three seasons are more related to his playstyle. He plays really fast and a lot of his decision-making is based on feel. So, no matter what workouts he does in the offseason, he's gonna need a couple months to get back into a good enough flow to read the game as fast as he has to.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
i been saying this for a while. Hart on the bench works, and Precious brings defense and rebounding at the 4. If he can hit an open 3 even better. It doesn’t help that Shamet got injured and their plan for him to be a major scorer for the bench unit is over.

You also see Dadiet Lowkey making a pitch for himself as a potential starter too. His off ball movement as a rookie is already high level, like something you would expect from a high IQ vet. If he can become even an average defender I think he could stick with the starters which sounds crazy, but clearly Thibs was at least considering it. Keep in mind the kid looks young as hell. If they improve his conditioning the defense might get better by default.

Moving Hart to the bench could also let Bridges take on more of a utility role with the starters while they figure out wtf is going on with his shot.

Its really annoying though how a few weeks ago the idea was chemistry was going to overcome talent and now they have talent and the chemistry is shyt.
I probably like this the most. Dadiet can start and still only play 14 mins a game.