This New Rapper Logic is HARD (no homo)

Daps
He's talented but nothing about his music is original imo:ld: I would rather just listen to Kendrick or J Cole

yea it looks like they have the same influences

But post me a verse by J Cole better than the 3rd verse on 'Gang Related' (starts at 3:20)

J Cole doesnt have a better verse than that.

Matter fact he even went as far to explain (in his breakfast club interview) that he was conscious of his delivery and spit it in a way to sound like an automatic gun shooting.

If thats not dedication to your craft idk what is. You cant call him wack.

The question is whether the game is interested in a rapper who pays that much attention to lyrical skill

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
breh said 'His album is his Illmatic'
Its drops at midnight.

Its a high bar to outright say about your music. Im going to check it out:manny:

lol man, just saying that about your album guarantees that no one is gonna take it seriously. Comparing it to classics is just a bad idea :heh: Just put it out there and let the people decide...

Daps
lol man, just saying that about your album guarantees that no one is gonna take it seriously. Comparing it to classics is just a bad idea :heh: Just put it out there and let the people decide...

Yeah thats what CTG said. I checked out the album though hes an alternate Kendrick Lamar. His album is a bit better than GKMC. I havent listened to it all the way through yet but thats the initial thoughts.

Its a solid effort:ehh:

but his mouth is setting high expectations on his work. To say youre better than Kendrick and your album compares to Illmatic and youre a rapper with less work and less of a name than Joey Bada$$, is alot to be saying. You could body you own career by talking that much.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Why did this nikka make a song called gang related when nikkas don't bang in the DMV like that AT ALL...and ESPECIALLY in mo county...I can take it one step further...That far off outpost of Montgomery County is literally all Big Box stores, whites, hypebeast mall blacks, and migos. Montgomery village is KINDA considered a hood there...and that's being extremely liberal about it.
this is true, mostly

My nikka, the bottom of the barrel in mo county is considered doing well in comparison to PG, the city, or up bmore. No super heavy "urrea" accent, either.
this isn't tho. PGC has some incredibly nice areas where income rates outrank parts of mo county for sure. and there's plenty of the accent too, just depends on where your parents were from or how close to the city line you are

all this being said, a dude from gaithersburg making a song called "gang related" is fukking stupid. selling crack there must mean waiting in your basement for someone to call you and say "ey breh, lemme get some crack", then you meet him in your driveway and exchange crack for money. the idea of a trap there :mjlol:

not to mention the song is awful, man like logic biting kendrick and not even trying to hide it :mjlol:

edit: watching some of the interview, he seems like a good dude :ehh: places in the dc area like montgomery village, silver spring, burtonsville, wheaton that are ethnically and economically mixed breed a lotta well adjusted people. he reminds me of a lotta guys i knew.

just wish the music was better :intoodeep:

Last edited:
Daps
this is true, mostly

this isn't tho. PGC has some incredibly nice areas where income rates outrank parts of mo county for sure. and there's plenty of the accent too, just depends on where your parents were from or how close to the city line you are

all this being said, a dude from gaithersburg making a song called "gang related" is fukking stupid. selling crack there must mean waiting in your basement for someone to call you and say "ey breh, lemme get some crack", then you meet him in your driveway and exchange crack for money. the idea of a trap there :mjlol:

not to mention the song is awful, man like logic biting kendrick and not even trying to hide it :mjlol:

edit: watching some of the interview, he seems like a good dude :ehh: places in the dc area like montgomery village, silver spring, burtonsville, wheaton that are ethnically and economically mixed breed a lotta well adjusted people. he reminds me of a lotta guys i knew.

just wish the music was better :intoodeep:

yeah seems like a generally good kid, but I cant see me following him. Seems too soft:manny:

If you think Drake is food, this kid is prime rib to get bullied.

I respect the effort put into his craft though:ehh:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
nikka you hypin that 3rd verse up and that shyt wasnt even that hot

as far as new nikkas go Montana of 300>>>this dude and comparing him to Kendrick? :mjhah:

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
I've been on that Logic tip for years. He's had a major following for awhile here in the DMV. Yall should check out his Young Sinatra mixtape :whew: shyt bangs.

Here's an interview with his brother and father he talks about on the breakfast club:

Why did this nikka make a song called gang related when nikkas don't bang in the DMV like that AT ALL...and ESPECIALLY in mo county...I can take it one step further...That far off outpost of Montgomery County is literally all Big Box stores, whites, hypebeast mall blacks, and migos. Montgomery village is KINDA considered a hood there...and that's being extremely liberal about it.
I agree as a whole Moco is far from hood but near Watkins Milll shyt isn't sweet.

Daps
nikka you hypin that 3rd verse up and that shyt wasnt even that hot

as far as new nikkas go Montana of 300>>>this dude and comparing him to Kendrick? :mjhah:

all you nikkas too cool for school but theres very few rappers in the game today that can challenge that verse tit for tat.

Music Fiend

Superstar
Daps
I hate you nikkas who give someone credibility based off where they are from or what they do.

"Ol He's from the suburbs looking ass nikkas"
"He's not hood"

Swear yall nikkas are dumb sometimes man. Who gives a damn where he's from, if you like his music, then you like his music.

Logic spits pretty tough, he's pretty much mastered the flow. But it is true he draws a bit too much from his influences as far as albums go.