This must be the worst time to be a teenager

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I feel bad for teenagers growing up in this era.

They will never get to experience life before social media.

Experience when rappers used to enunciate their words.

When a new album dropped, that new vinyl/cd smell before opening the packaging.:ahh:

When you could meet a freak in the street and only you would know about her because there wasn't instagram gassing her head up.

When a solid 5 or 6 was a solid 5 or 6 because there were no filters to cat fish nikkas. And there weren't a ton of online simps making her seem like a 9.

When a comedian dropped a HBO special then you knew they were the shyt. Not like Netflix handing out specials like confetti to below average stand ups.

Free's ass on Park 106.

When your boy would bring over an extra controller to play you at NBA/NFL.

When you wait for BET uncut to see p*ssy Poppin and Tip Drill.

When we would actually play outside and not spend all day online talking to some pedo called "cutie747" pretending to be your age.

When Nickelodeon had the "urban" scene on lock.

When going to the club actually meant everyone danced with each other... not people snap chatting the whole evening.

Free 's ass on Park 106.

When you could go to the airport without a care in the world pre 9/11.

Making a mix tape when you had a definite smash that night.

Raw vs Nitro in the late 90s. The whole WWF attitude era.

Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, WCW Revenge. Goldeneye.

Call of Duty during the mid 2000s.

Chappelle Show.

The remix to Ignition, hot and fresh out the kitchen.

Free 's ass on Park 106.

If you were born post 95... hold this L. :scust:

Edit: when video vixens looked good and didn't look like trannys with fake asses and botox lips. Damn... remember what real asses looked like?

And bird babble used to be confined to a dumb hos diary or cuts on her arm. She didn't have a platform to spout her nonsense.

Last edited:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Agreed...

But these youngins now-a-days got a lot of good/cool stuff as well...

I'd never trade places though. I loved growing up in the mid-late 90s
I'm somewhat on the cusp of both eras and I promise you... this era really isn't that great. Social media has really fukked up social dynamics to the point of no return.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
:mjcry: nah we have dope shyt too
Man I'm telling you.. early to mid 2000s was probably the last GOAT era. All Hip Hop/ill Community was pure fukkery. Chappelle show was at its peak. Kobe (RIP) and Shaq fukkery. The Neptune's were untouchable. Ps2/Xbox were dropping classics. Usher was the king. 50 cent had hip hop on lock. Nas and Jay Z beef. Crunk music. The Wire. The shield. The Boondocks.

Damn... we had so much in such a short space of time. I know I was enjoying life to the fullest during those years. It feels like everything went to shyt post 2010.

fkthisgaysite

Banned
Daps
Born in 92. Everything about today is trash except clothing and some technology and updated shyt like tech backpacks, airfriers and other shyt.

fukk smart phones tho. Mine was broken last week and I was so god damn bored even without any social media profiles (I have the coli and thats all).

I mainly use the internet to read and for music. Read as in news articles and general articles on shyt i find interesting.

Edit forgot bluetooth earbuds n speakers. definitely wish I had them as a teen. The Nintendo Switch too...had 2 of em but it dont hit the same as it would if I had it back then.

Last edited:

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
That homie who got his license at 16 and had a Chevy van.

Cuttin class in the morning to hit up other highschool's to fukk with hoes because they loved other cats from a different high school.

Slangin burned CDs for $5 a pop.

:blessed::mjcry:

Smokin trees during lunch in the parking lot while playing snake on a Nokia 3300.

:mjcry:

Not a worry in the word. I fukkin miss high school.

Goon for hire

All Star
Daps
Eh I kinda agree and I’m only 20. People my age used to go outside and play tho. I also experienced prime “urban” Nickelodeon because they always used to show the reruns on Saturday nights and I got to play call of duty in the 2000s

I just wish people talked face to face more and that everything wasn’t filmed. It also seems like social media has watered the culture down

The only thing I fully agree with is the music shyt. I wish I was old enough to be a teenager during the late 90s/2000s just so I could experience prime usher and r&b

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Eh I kinda agree and I’m only 20. People my age used to go outside and play tho. I also experienced prime “urban” Nickelodeon because they always used to show the reruns on Saturday nights and I got to play call of duty in the 2000s

I just wish people talked face to face more and that everything wasn’t filmed. It also seems like social media has watered the culture down

The only thing I fully agree with is the music shyt. I wish I was old enough to be a teenager during the late 90s/2000s just so I could experience prime usher and r&b
shyt .. that's 's another thing. Back then if you took an L during a fight... no one within a 1 mile square radius would know of it. Now you could go Viral. That shyt is sad to see.