This May Be The Smartest Signing That Tony Khan Has Made All Year!

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
It’s funny seeing the same people who claim to hate WWE’s production and “ShAkEy CaMs” get excited at AEW hiring former WWE production guys

Wrestling fans are so phony :russ:

I wish this nikka well tho

Alaskan
Daps
Yeah he has experience in the wrestling business which Khan definitely needs behind the scenes whether for coaching, agent, or in double M case video

theirs a podcast I heard, or something I read online maybe...where he was basically saying the camera cuts we all love that WWE does, was born from The Shield, and that Kevin Dunn isn't the one responsible, but he said it's another individual, which of course he didn't name

And yeah, we've seen wrestlers blad and hide from the camera waiting on their spot or turn, whether live or watching at home, but it's gotten pretty bad.
Like, I see you pull it out
It may have gotten worse during the Shield era, but it had been bad for years already before that. I dipped completely when Eddie and Benoit died and came back as a casual around 2010ish, it was already jarring how much the production had changed and the quick cuts and zooms stood out more than anything else.

Metal Face

Superstar
Daps
no wonder the camera work during the Jericho/Starks promo was ass :hhh:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
It may have gotten worse during the Shield era, but it had been bad for years already before that. I dipped completely when Eddie and Benoit died and came back as a casual around 2010ish, it was already jarring how much the production had changed and the quick cuts and zooms stood out more than anything else.
Cool

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Mansury was on Renee's podcast this week & said why he left WWE.

He said they kept indirectly telling him he was being positioned to take over the lead production role from Kevin Dunn, but he was never given a timetable. During his performance reviews, they just kept telling he'll get the spot but it's dependent on whenever Kevin Dunn wants to leave/retire. He also said that he wanted to strictly be a producer and didn't want to takeover Kevin Dunn's "business responsibilities" too. Don't know what that beaver ass mufukka does. Anyway, Mansury also said he was burnt out & put in his resignation before the pandemic. WWE gave him an opportunity to rescind the resignation, but he went through with it otherwise he said he'd never move on. So, he basically left WWE because he didn't want to wait around for Kevin Dunn's job without a timetable, didn't want the extra business responsibility that Kevin Dunn has, felt like he hit a wall in terms of growth & was burnt out. He also was the bridge to Pat McAfee coming to WWE, and he reached out because they were looking for different personalities. He built a relationship with Pat, and Pat scooped him up after he left WWE. Mansury wanted to branch out to the internet side of production so he did Pat's show for about a year. Then he went to be the lead producer for ONE Championship MMA in Singapore. They eventually got a deal with Amazon Prime & had their big event a few months ago. He was in constant communication with AEW since they've been talking to him for awhile to come in. He wanted to come back to producing wrestling, saw an opportunity to grow with AEW & move back to the US so he took the job with them.

It’s funny seeing the same people who claim to hate WWE’s production and “ShAkEy CaMs” get excited at AEW hiring former WWE production guys

Wrestling fans are so phony :russ:

I wish this nikka well tho
Mansury was the guy in charge of producing NXT, Talking Smack and Raw Talk. Those all felt different from RAW, Smackdown & the main roster PPVs. He worked on all the shows including RAW & Smackdown though, but those other 3 were his projects that he led.

Last edited:

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Yeah he has experience in the wrestling business which Khan definitely needs behind the scenes whether for coaching, agent, or in double M case video

theirs a podcast I heard, or something I read online maybe...where he was basically saying the camera cuts we all love that WWE does, was born from The Shield, and that Kevin Dunn isn't the one responsible, but he said it's another individual, which of course he didn't name

And yeah, we've seen wrestlers blad and hide from the camera waiting on their spot or turn, whether live or watching at home, but it's gotten pretty bad.
Like, I see you pull it out

The camera cuts were happening before The Shield. It started whenever WWE switched from standard definition to HD. The logic being that they don't want the punches, kicks & other random spots to be obvious that they're worked. "Everything became painfully obvious in HD."

I remember hearing that from Arn Anderson of all people too :russ:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
According to a recent Fightful Select report, AEW is preparing to alter a number of aspects for their scheduled 2023 broadcasts, but at least a few things are safe from the changes of time currently. Will Washington from Fightful’s Grapsody podcast has several AEW sources stating that “Light the Fuse” will be remaining as AEW Dynamite’s theme song, but audiences can expect to hear an altered version this coming year. The new version is said to be a “slight remix” of the song from No One Hero.

According to AEW’s Tony Khan, the major changes will be in the areas of set and production, while the wrestling and performers will remain largely as-is. Fightful’s sources also indicated that consistency will also be applied to the broadcast team.

Mike Mansury, as one of the most significant changes for AEW’s production team, is prepared to hit the ground running after the new year. Fightful reports that Mansury will be engaged in consequential efforts with the aim of improving AEW’s brand and that he has a fair bit of work ahead to do so.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
While speaking to In the Kliq, AEW President & CEO Tony Khan discussed Michael Mansury joining the company as the new head of production. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Tony Khan on Michael Mansury: “Mike comes in with a ton of experience in TV production. Now a lot of that set and those elements had already been designed, but as far as integrating the new set, Mike’s been essential.”

On how Mansury oversees the production side of AEW: “Mike’s going to help us run a first-class production every week. Mike has so much experience shooting the best wrestlers, and frankly I think Mike has probably more insight and experience in different facets of the production than anybody else you could’ve hoped to bring in.”