This May Be The Smartest Signing That Tony Khan Has Made All Year!

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Former WWE Vice President of Global Television Production for WWE, Michael Mansury has joined AEW as the company’s new Senior Vice President & Co-Executive Producer of Global TV Production. Meltzer had more details on Mansury’s WWE exit and joining AEW on today’s Wrestling Observer Radio.
Mansury previously quit working for WWE to work for Pat McAfee. From there, he left Pat McAfee’s show to work for ONE FC in Singapore, and now he’s returned to the US to work for AEW. Meltzer stated that a lot of people are very excited about his hiring in AEW.
Meltzer also stated that Mansury was “very well thought of” while in WWE, and he was said to have been the “heir-apparent” to WWE’s current Executive Vice President, Television Production, Kevin Dunn. Additionally, when Mansury quit WWE, the move reportedly surprised many within the company because it was expected that Mansury was going to “big places” there.
Mansury had started as a production assistant in WWE and went all the way up the food chain. Meltzer noted that people expected Mansury to eventually become WWE’s new head of television production once Vince McMahon was gone. However, Mansury left the company before Vince McMahon stepped down as Chairman and CEO of the company.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
AEW having better production values will bemefit the company greatly, and probably please the bigwigs at WD.
As a bonus, having this guy in charge of production might mean that we'll stop seeing guys blade right in front of the camera.
Warner Bros/Discovery had to have been on Tony’s mind as part of this decision. He seems to really be putting in work to expand AEW’s visibility, and trying to convince WD that pro wrestling can be a viable mainstream television product.

Dude leaving WWE while Vince was still in charge (even in high standing with the company) says something :mjlol:

• Dap
Reactions: 907

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Mansury use to work on Pat McAfee's daily show too. Pat immediately signed him after he left WWE. The quality of the production on Pat's show kinda fell off after he left, so I think he's probably good at his job. Not sure what happened. One day he just wasn't there anymore & Pat said on his show that Mansury decided to pursue different things. This was like mid-2021.

On a side note, dude does some hilarious impressions :mjlol:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
AEW having better production values will bemefit the company greatly, and probably please the bigwigs at WD.
As a bonus, having this guy in charge of production might mean that we'll stop seeing guys blade right in front of the camera.
Yeah he has experience in the wrestling business which Khan definitely needs behind the scenes whether for coaching, agent, or in double M case video

theirs a podcast I heard, or something I read online maybe...where he was basically saying the camera cuts we all love that WWE does, was born from The Shield, and that Kevin Dunn isn't the one responsible, but he said it's another individual, which of course he didn't name

And yeah, we've seen wrestlers blad and hide from the camera waiting on their spot or turn, whether live or watching at home, but it's gotten pretty bad.
Like, I see you pull it out

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that Mansury started with AEW this week with Winter is Coming and Rampage. Part of the reason for Mansury’s hiring is that Tony Khan and Warner Bros. Discovery want to change the look of AEW TV. It’s believed that the planned changes will go into effect next month.

A WWE source claimed that Mansury is a “tremendous asset. Was being groomed to be the heir apparent to the Kevin Dunn throne, but moved up too quickly and much like David Sahadi and several others, that’s when Dunn covertly made his life very difficult.”

People in WWE and people in AEW who worked with him in WWE noted that he was a great addition to the company. One WWE source noted that he ‘moved up the ladder quickly’ for the time he was there, his quality of work and his knowledge & ability. The reason he left was because of Dunn “making him jump through hoops” and the fact that at the time, Pat McAfee was looking for a new executive producer of his podcast. Another person who used to work for WWE was critical of Mansury’s work.

Mansury had talks with WWE about returning before opting to go to AEW.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
In an interview with TV Insider, AEW CEO Tony Khan confirmed that AEW TV will have a new look starting with the first Dynamite of 2023. Here are highlights:

On what he’s most proud of with AEW: “That we’ve grown year-over-year. As of right now, [Dynamite] is up nine percent in total audience, four percent in the 18-49 demo, and 25 percent in viewers 18-34. It’s tremendous to see those gains in today’s day and age. These are really good signs for our company.”

On AEW getting production changes: “I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag necessarily, especially so close to the big day. But at the start of 2023, we’re going to open the year on Wednesday, January 4 with the first Dynamite in Seattle, marking a full year of Dynamite on TBS. We’ll definitely have a new look, to say the least. I’m excited about it. I think it’s a nice thing to present to the fans, but frankly, I’ve found more so than ever, the more you talk about these things. When you build them up, you don’t want to create expectations that are impossible. I will say the set will be beautiful though. The look of Rampage will also be different. This will affect the way people view AEW on Wednesdays and Fridays in terms of presentation with the set and the show with the same great action.”

On hiring Mansury: “Mike just started with us and is a huge acquisition for AEW. He has so much knowledge in TV production. To have him join us as a co-executive producer and senior production executive is really great for us. It’s so important to have someone with his experience. Right now he is evaluating things in terms of presentation. I’m excited about what he will add to AEW.”