This is what happens when Samsung (or any company for that matter) doesn't wait for Apple's lead.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
This is what happens when Samsung tries to get out in front of Apple on a product...

2013-09-04T183930Z_917110814_LR1E9941FTJKG_RTRMADP_3_GERMANY.JPG

There are a couple of significant downsides that temper my enthusiasm for the new Gear. First and foremost is the speed and intuitiveness of the user interface — or rather, the lack thereof. There's a tangible lag to anything you do with the Gear, while the swipe gestures are hard to figure out and do different things depending on where you are in the menus. Additionally, the speaker built into the buckle is too quiet and makes the old sci-fi action of conducting a phone call via your watch a possibility only in quiet areas; it also doesn't play back any music, it just controls output on your connected device. Most of all, however, I find it hard to justify spending the $299 asking price on an accessory like the Galaxy Gear. It's too dependent on its parent device for functionality — which will cost you a fair amount too — and, like all other smartwatches, fails to truly live up to the "smart" part of its name.

Also important will be the Galaxy Gear's battery life. It does use the Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy standard to communicate, but at 315mAh its battery is decidedly small. Samsung promises "about a day" of endurance from the Gear, but by the end of our briefing with the company, the cameras on most of its demo units were refusing to turn on due to the watches running low on power.
http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4692824/samsung-galaxy-gear-features-specs-release-date-price

:russ:

So in summary
  • Its fukking brick sized and looks like shyt (exposed screws???)
  • The watch band is non replaceable. So you're stuck looking like Marty McFly Jr. from Back to the Future 2 even when you're wearing a suit
  • It's laggy
  • It's confusing
  • It has a fukking 1 day batter life! 1 DAY!!!!!!! My time pieces don't ever require a new battery, let alone dying after a day. My Pebble goes a week. After that Li-ON battery starts to wear you'll be lucky to get 10 hours out of this thing.
  • It's only going to be compatible with the Note 3 on Day 1
  • Its $300
I'll stick with my Pebble ( I get a full week battery life) and probably get a Pebble 2 or a Sony Smartwatch 2 when that drops.

Samsung should just wait until Apple releases their iWatch and copy it feature for feature. You know, what they're good at doing.

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: Ehh, as long as they stay supporting their other products (phones, TVs, etc) I'm good

jalamanta

GOAT
Daps
Samsung is a trash company which produces trash products for people with no money and no taste

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
fukk apple! Now anybody who has payed attention to Samsung know they put out half baked software. How many updates has the S4 gotten to smooth out its operation? And its still not as smooth as the htc One.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
eh i dont really care about a smart watch at this point anyway, no mater who its made by

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
That watch is trash.

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
you know Apple's watch is going to be a million time better with all the great user experience they're famous for

and then we'll find out what the price is an completely rule it out

seriously if this is $300 then Apple's offering will be like $200+ or so more

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Im lost.....

I mean the phone looks cool and all but what does it do that your cell phone and tablet doesn't?

Regardless of who makes it, I don't think a smartwatch is something that I would invest in

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
you know Apple's watch is going to be a million time better with all the great user experience they're famous for

and then we'll find out what the price is an completely rule it out

seriously if this is $300 then Apple's offering will be like $200+ or so more
:camby:

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
nikkas Stanning Companies :scusthov:

Are you saying that I'm stanning?

I have an HTC One for a cell phone and a Pebble Smartwatch. What type of Stan would I be?

After owning a few iPhones I have no plans to buy another one or an Apple iWatch.

I'm just not in denial like the majority of the Apple haters. They may not invent, but they innovate better than anyone else. This is a good example of what happens when Samsung doesn't wait for Apple to show them the way. :blessed: