This is the greatest boss battle theme of all time

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Came to post this. Its the only one worthy of a thread like this.

:32 seconds is like. :blessed:

giphy.gif

/Thread.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Came to post this. Its the only one worthy of a thread like this.

:32 seconds is like. :blessed:

giphy.gif

/Thread.
the way that guy freaked that piano is unheard of. I've watched covers, I've yet to see anybody play the piano sections as smooth as he did.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
the way that guy freaked that piano is unheard of. I've watched covers, I've yet to see anybody play the piano sections as smooth as he did.
I laid a live orchestra over a programmed orchestral piece that was almost completed. I've used quite a bit of this "lay-over" technique for this project, but because this style is rarely done, it wasn't easy for us to reach the recording stage. Some of the percussion was programmed, but for majority of the instruments I had an arranger who would orchestrate them or adjust the scoring. By mixing the expressive live sound and the large scale programmed orchestral sound, I could match the grand world of FF. When I was making demos, people often said that the programmed elements were good enough because I made them in great detail. In hindsight, I think the combination of live and programmed sounds worked quite well.

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
Shadow Hearts - Mid-Boss II 「Demon's Gig」:

Shadow Hearts Covenant - Ladder to Heaven (Battle…:

Best VGM 72 - Shadow Hearts II : Covenant - Hardc…:

Even the last seymour battle theme from ffx is better. So many better than this. Its good, but not that good :beli:

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Saber's Edge

It has a harp in it and the way dude zones out on the piano is just too much. Track is so good is should have never been put in Final Fantasy XIII because it doesn't deserve to be associated with all the hate that gem gets.

I liked that one as well (it's in my best of FFXIII ost list) and yeah, the piano part is DEF great shyt, but I wouldn't call it my greatest boss theme of all time. I actually fukked with this one more for a boss battle theme from the same game.

I liked these joints as well.

Also, this is an honorable throwback mention that I'm sure folks will disagree (possibly even get some hate maybe) with strictly off 8-bit quality alone, but it was pretty sick to see them throw this Bach piece as a boss battle in a damn gameboy game of all things.

The_Phonz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
Saber's Edge

It has a harp in it and the way dude zones out on the piano is just too much. Track is so good is should have never been put in Final Fantasy XIII because it doesn't deserve to be associated with all the hate that gem gets.

I was thinking this song the moment I read the thread title. FFXIII had some amazing tracks on there. that might be the only saving grace for that game and for all of the hours that I put into it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

>>>>>>>>>>

Do you even fight Caius with that music? I thought this was his boss music

This track in Xenosaga was nice but it ain't seeing Saber's Edge

Xenosaga 3 probably is the best overall soundtrack The soundtrack to XIII is right up there though.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
yeah that musics plasy the first time you fight him b.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Do you even fight Caius with that music? I thought this was his boss music

This track in Xenosaga was nice but it ain't seeing Saber's Edge

Xenosaga 3 probably is the best overall soundtrack The soundtrack to XIII is right up there though.

x3 had utter piff. a lot of unreleased tracks too