This game looks really good - Deaths Door

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bought it on a whim off some tree last night. I’m not loving it, but I’m liking it enough to not wanna put it down, because I probably won’t be back if I do knowing me. I like a lot of what it has going on, my biggest thing is probably the lack of map, with the amount of backtracking it has. I’m getting to the point where I’m about to say fukk the backtracking just because I’ll get to the point I’d rather just die and spawn at the door again :russ:

I can’t say whether or not I’ll stick it through tbh, but I can see a real solid game. Combat is barebones but responsive I guess. Coulda spent 15 much worse

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Solid game overall. Sticking by my map complaint, especially in the post-game (not dealing with it without it). Finished a little under 80% at about 7:30.

Grunts are repetitive with a new brute type introduced about every section.
Checkpoints are solid and there’s no penalty for dying. Soundtrack has a few real solid cuts. It’s no HK but I found a couple got stuck in my head in a good way

The underlying messages are more poignant than expected :ehh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Just finished.

Had fun with it but like dude said above, the game having no map made things more frustrating than they needed to be. It makes exploration tedious and unfun, especially with how slow your character walks.

Also, combat got very repetitive very quickly. Strategy was the same, from the first enemy to the last. The weapons all pretty much work the same way.

By the time the game was over, I was glad to be done with it.

Fun little mini dark souls but I rate it as just ok. Especially after playing other similar indies this year like unsighted and The Ascent.

Music and art are the best thing this game has going for it and was kinda what made me stuck around until the end :ehh: