This Country Really Ain't Worth Saving... Supreme Court allows cities to enforce bans on homeless people sleeping outside

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
why is this even at the supreme court level?
Because the 9th circuit ruled that SF couldn't enforce camping bans, calling them, "cruel and unusual". Liberal darling Newsome was one of the biggest ones lobbying for today's decision.

Personally, I'm not against this. The situation has gotten out of control here. Whole ass tent cities full of needles, trash, human waste, and nodding junkies in the middle of the street. :scust:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of bums don’t want to stay in a shelter or subsidized home and abide by rules. A large amount of them are too far gone to even help. I say just allocate an unused, unwanted parcel of land on the outskirts and let them do whatever out there. I mean, you gonna live next to the town landfill and hazardous waste dump but do what you want. It’s now illegal to sleep/camp on the streets in town. You will be snatched and sent out there where you can hobo all you want. Regular street and sidewalk cleaning will happen all night to keep you from camping out. Or you can go to subsidized housing after you complete a program to get yo shyt in ororder.
Your plan is round up people and put them in camps
:what:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
they won't give them housing and they'll tell them they can't sleep outside

No one really cares if homeless people sleep outside in tents, they just want to keep them off the front steps of businesses and public transit. For every homeless person you see begging on a corner downtown there are dozens of others working and having to find some secluded area to sleep each night. This will only affect the boldest most mentally disturbed homeless people which is a small number comparatively.

People would be shocked if they knew how many workers who serve them everyday actually sleep on the streets or in cars at night. When I worked at the Moda in Portland a few years ago more than half of the temp workers were homeless but you'd never know unless you talked to them.

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
Some homeless mfs rather be in jail with a roof and 3 meals a day
Yeah but that's the problem, one thing about this country is that we think the solution to everything is jail.

Throw every person who's deemed to be undesirable and a burden in jail rather than creating the necessary things needed to help improve their lives and/or become better citizens.

As far as how this new ban will go, I think most cities won't charge the homeless with crimes but rather arrest and get them set up with a social worker who'll try to get them into a shelter type of situation even tho we all know more often than not they'll leave the shelters but that's all you can do is hope that maybe they'll stay.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
“Hey man, you can’t sleep here, go home”

barack-obama-what.gif

TAYLONDO SAMSWORTHY

Veteran
Verified
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but that's the problem, one thing about this country is that we think the solution to everything is jail.

Throw every person who's deemed to be undesirable and a burden in jail rather than creating the necessary things needed to help improve their lives and/or become better citizens.

As far as how this new ban will go, I think most cities won't charge the homeless with crimes but rather arrest and get them set up with a social worker who'll try to get them into a shelter type of situation even tho we all know more often than not they'll leave the shelters but that's all you can do is hope that maybe they'll stay.

Yeah u spittin. Mfs rather fill up the jails than tackle the root of the problem. But sadly, the root is capitalism and greed 😪

Justin Nitsuj

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Yeah they persist on making life hell for people in this country, but have no problems sending money to other countries. This is the type of shyt that black people tried to warn the "others" about, but them clowns choose not to listen and here we are.