This Birth Of A Nation Poster though....:wow:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
"The Birth of the Nation" (originally called The Clansman) is basically a KKK origin story film released in 1915. It is called agrueable the most racist film in history. It was used to recruit people in the KKK as well. So I feel like by Nate reusing the title he is reclaimming it to the Africans that was stolen to America. Meaning this nation was built not on Whites or the KKK but on the Backs of Slaves. And no we all didn't like it, we all didn't accept it. American History Books talk of ZERO Slave rebellions because they want us to believe we were "Happy" Slaves. I was torn on the title at first but in these times it perfectly fitting that we recliam the title and speak the truth that Black Americans gaving the real sacifice to BIRTH this nation (As well as the take over of the indigious people). It's also symbolic that it's coming out 100 years later and we have a Black President at the end of his term when it premieres. We need more Black Filmmakers telling OUR stories. There needs to be movies on Harriet Tubman, Marcus Garvey and Black Wall Street that are written, produced and directed by Black People.

220px-Birth_of_a_Nation_theatrical_poster.jpg

9807459_orig.png

Last edited:

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
I still don't know about this movie.

I'm thinking about seeing this, but, something is a little too "easy" about this.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Nate Parker is calling the film: "The Black Bravehart".

.@NateParker compares slavery drama 'The Birth Of A Nation' to 'Braveheart'

CgSJvP_WEAA3nRZ.jpg

freedom.gif

I have my issues with Mel and his racism, but before he was exposed you have to give him props as a director and actor. "Bravehart" was an amazing film