They’re starting to have a problem with my Afro at my new job.

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
Let me ask you a question how do you expect someone in my position to make money? I need to check with the week I’m not rich I could be defined in rock the boat but I have bills that have to be paid pronto.

Just cut it or at least cut it shorter

Focus on getting those bills paid.

Not the time to play militant. Especially during covid, that’s gona last a few years from now. This is gona be the difference between making more money and securing another / better job.

fckyoupayme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Yo Momma's Front Porch
The people in the thread acting like jobs grow on trees need to get a life and clue. Racial discrimination is the ongoing bane of Black folks’ existence. Sometimes you can’t just quit, you have to deal and try to protect yourself and fight back The best way you can. I hate it but that’s real

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
Yeah, I think we need a photo.
Either its (1) they really are being discriminatory towards your natural hair or (2) your hair is not groomed well and most jobs would encourage you to get something done.

I think the fact my hair is not super well groomed his issue. I usually pick it out and it looks like a blowout but because I wear all the PEQ stuff to keep me from getting Covid from all the maskless Customers I deal with it tends to look unkempt.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
They’re starting to have a problem with my Afro at my new job.

Same all same all transferred to another front desk/Night Audit position in CFL.
Hotel manager is telling me my hair is not
‘neat’. I think I’m going to have to cut it:francis:

Get it all on the record on the low and get that bag

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
When you were hired on, did you have a fro?

You said upthread that you were going to "trim it...make it look neat"...

Why did it take them threatening your livelihood to be on top of your appearance at your job?
i
Co sign this post

Counter Racist Male

Retired poster and occasional lurker
Daps
Reppin
MYSELF
When you were hired on, did you have a fro?

You said upthread that you were going to "trim it...make it look neat"...

Why did it take them threatening your livelihood to be on top of your appearance at your job?

Excellent question. I haven’t left the house since COVID started back in February. The only thing I do is go to work. I don’t even go to the gym anymore in fact I’ve gained about 55 pounds.

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No offense OP but you didn't handle this properly at all.

If your hair is kept, and the issue is just that its a fro, you should really put the pressure on them. Ask them to show you a picture of a net fro, show you what they deem is an acceptable black person's hair amount, ask them to really get down into the details of what they FUKKIN mean by this

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Excellent question. I haven’t left the house since COVID started back in February. The only thing I do is go to work. I don’t even go to the gym anymore in fact I’ve gained about 55 pounds.
You made yourself be :flabbynsick: for no reason. I can just imagine how you look. Over there looking like Cleveland :picard:

Covid is not an excuse to let yourself go fam.