they're saying this is what Pokemon should look like in 2021/2022

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
visually looks amazing.. gameplay looks like literally everything that has came out after breath of wild excepts sports games and fps.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
you keep posting games running on PC hardware yall starving that much on console

Nintendo Switch is a hand held console for kids, that's why pokemon doesn't look like this

the ps5 couldn't run this game look at the trailer lmao
It's coming to PC and Consoles.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's coming to PC and Consoles.

and this is PC footage, we don't how its gonna look like on the consoles, so comparing it to a underpowered switch is pointless

just like the chinese game, it was running on PC using DLSS just to get a smooth frame rate, its still early, but the console version is obviously not gonna look like that

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
why do Nintendo fans continue to accept such mediocrity?? :hhh:

you got no-name Korean devs with 1/100th of the budget Pokemon has and they come out with something that looks like this..:wow:

geez Nintendo...step your fukkin game up mayne :comeon:

seriously

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
gamefreak doesn't employ enough programmers and they must have long standing staff because it's been 5 years and they still are really struggling with the move to 3d pokemon.

let's go eevee/pikachu has been their best effort and that's likely because they only had to model about 170 pokemon and were going for nostalgia so they just had to "pretty up" Kanto. they make cities the same exact way that they would as if they were still making 2d games and it just causes them to be empty and outdated feeling. it just doesn't match

if nothing else nintendo knows how to translate they're 2d ip's to 3d. they don't play the same, they don't look the same, the environments reflect a 3d living space instead of a 2d one

gamefreak has just been a total failure at making the transition for pokemon and right now they're making too much money and are too stubborn to improve.

Legalese

Banned
Daps
Japan has a weird honor system where changing studios on a successful franchise would be seen as disrespectful,…bad reviews don’t move shyt for Nintendo.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Japan has a weird honor system, and the games keep selling so they have little incentive to change studios for Pokemon…bad reviews don’t move shyt for Nintendo.

I mean they lease the licensee out to other companies all the time though. Niantic for the mobile stuff, Bandai namco did pokemon snap 2, chunsoft for mystery dungeon, etc.

Legends could have been one of those games they gave someone like Ubisoft (they’ve done well with nintendo games) to translate it into open world. Something they’re kind of good at, especially something simple like pokemon. Monolithsoft would be good also

Regulate gamefreak to 2d games and let someone else do the open world thing to expand the franchise

Legalese

Banned
Daps
I mean they lease the licensee out to other companies all the time though. Niantic for the mobile stuff, Bandai namco did pokemon snap 2, chunsoft for mystery dungeon, etc.

Legends could have been one of those games they gave someone like Ubisoft (they’ve done well with nintendo games) to translate it into open world. Something they’re kind of good at, especially something simple like pokemon. Monolithsoft would be good also

Regulate gamefreak to 2d games and let someone else do the open world thing to expand the franchise
The Ubisoft Mario spinoff arguably looks on par with Oddysey.
GF cant even make good modern 2D pokemon, its a talent discrepancy but they want the money and credit to mostly stay in house with the pokemon company and its sub divisions

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Ubisoft Mario spinoff arguably looks on par with Oddysey.
GF cant even make good modern 2D pokemon, its a talent discrepancy but they want the money and credit to mostly stay in house with the pokemon company and its sub divisions

Thats the reason i mentioned them. Mario + Rabbids looks very good for a switch game if not one of the best looking ones. It’s smaller in scope though which is what makes it easier I think.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I don't know why people expect mind breaking shyt from the Pokemon franchise. If they could still get away with using sprites, they would.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is all on GameFreak, the best looking Pokémon game on Switch was made by Bandai Namco, twice.

Badmon

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cap City
Never thought in a million years I'd be hyped for a game like this but here I am.