They made it into a movie y'all! The Blackening

Daps
I went to see this with friends. To be honest it was a bit mid. It had some good laughs but the whole movie felt like one long sketch to me. There were times when the characters seemed to be trying to imitate a black version of SNL.
Also at my theater the movie was so dark I had trouble figuring out what was going on. It was especially troublesome when there was a scene where the killer in a black mask is lurking in the shadows which are pitch black. I was like .......... what the hell is going on?
The best part was it was only about 90 minutes long.
Oh and the trailers they showed before the show were all terrible looking. There was an asian version of girls trip and some movie about 2 high school lesbians who get angry about classmates discriminating against them and as a retaliation start a all female fight club. Terrible.

• Dap
Reactions: AVO

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
The OG skit is hilarious, I just hate this was on white ass Comedy Central. I'm in there when the movie drops though!

:skip: You mean the channel that gave us Chappelle’s Show and more than one season of Key & Peele?

Let’s not forget tributes to Richard Pryor, Redd Fox, Eddie Murphy & Patrice O’Neal.

Oh and also featured a fukk ton of black comedians. :skip:

Anything for the daps……..:skip:

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
Oh and the trailers they showed before the show were all terrible looking. There was an asian version of girls trip and some movie about 2 high school lesbians who get angry about classmates discriminating against them and as a retaliation start a all female fight club. Terrible.

im-out-nope.gif

Daps
Here is the trailer for the Asian movie. I am sorry but it does not look funny to me.
Joy Ride.

The fight club one is called Bottoms

They both look like shyt to me.

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
Here is the trailer for the Asian movie. I am sorry but it does not look funny to me.
Joy Ride.

They both look like shyt to me.

They keep remaking this movie with different races of women. :russ:

They already did it with black women and girls trip.

Did it with white girls and Bridesmaids.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Saw it Friday and it was aight.
Laughed a couple of times even though the concept is beyond played at this point.
Some old head was in there cracking up like that shyt was prime Def Comedy :russ:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I don’t really think Coli knows what humor, comedy, or funny is.

Everytime something drops either there’s complaints if it “c00ning” or it’s “cac humor”

Some of y’all really need to relax and not take shyt too seriously or overthinking & rush to so many extremes :russ:

Daps
Saw it last week. It was generally funny. Not every joke landed, but there were some legit laugh out loud moments.

I saw it because my cuz said it was worth the trip to the theater. Wasn’t disappointed. And know two different sets of friends who saw it and also enjoyed it.

Not calling it a classic or anything, but you won’t regret seeing it. :ld:

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I don’t really think Coli knows what humor, comedy, or funny is.

Everytime something drops either there’s complaints if it “c00ning” or it’s “cac humor”

Some of y’all really need to relax and not take shyt too seriously or overthinking & rush to so many extremes :russ:

This section of the sight howls like hyneas when black people in real life eat shyt or get actually injured so their views on what is comedy is shouldn’t hold much weight