Theresa Graves, Whitney Houston's Real Mother--ArtemusGordon

Rawster

Relax Baby
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
La Perla
All this time Whitney's mother was just a regular person and for decades we thought her real mother was a famous singer like Cissy.

With those lesbian rumors that popped up years ago that were also around back in the day people thought her pain came from hiding being an alleged bisexual but now i'm thinking that at the very least the pain of not knowing her mother that well and her mother not seeing her grow to become a legend was another thing that lit a flame in her :dwillhuh:

That's the crazy thing, her mom isn't a regular person, Teresa Graves was a really famous actress during the blaxploitation era. Ask ya mommy or grandma about Get Christie Love. She's the first black woman to ever star in her own drama on network TV (ABC) with Get Christie Love! She got nominated for a Golden Globe and all. If you are a black woman in the entertainment field then you know that Teresa Graves was a pioneer.

If it's true that Teresa was Whitney's biological mother then she was basically a golden child. And now her incredible voice and formidable acting skills make even more sense. If true, she was truly destined to be great.

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That's the crazy thing, her mom isn't a regular person, Teresa Graves was a really famous actress during the blaxploitation era. Ask ya mommy or grandma about Get Christie Love. She's the first black woman to ever star in her own drama on network TV (ABC) with Get Christie Love! She got nominated for a Golden Globe and all. If you are a black woman in the entertainment field then you know that Teresa Graves was a pioneer.

If it's true that Teresa was Whitney's biological mother then she was basically a golden child. And now her incredible voice and formidable acting skills make even more sense. If true, she was truly destined to be great.

Wow I'm way off base, thanks for schooling me. I just also double checked on the fire story and saw she actually died in 2002...

Los Angeles Times - Page unavailable in your region

If I'm not mistaken the infamous Diane Sawyer interview was in December 2002(my memory is good). I wonder if that was a breakdown from her mom dying?

Theresa Graves was born in HOUSTON and allegedly had a daughter named Whitney HOUSTON...you can't make this up :dead:

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sure theres photos of Cissy pregnant with Whitney somewhere that would easily dead this

um no there isnt. nobody will be finding any pics of Cissy pregnant in 1963 with Whitney. AG also never gets this stuff wrong

Daps
Reppin
St louis
damn.......that's crazy.
:gucci:

wat6rr.jpg

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Going to need more proof than word of mouth tbh.

I mean, if we're talking talent, her mom Cissy is a multiple Grammy winner and her first cousins through her mom are Dee Dee and Dionne Warwick, a legend and one of the most successful female singers of all-time.

Last edited: