There's plenty of reasons to hate Islam but there's no reason to be a zionist

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
The Quran is a game of telephone, it's basically old world Mormonism; please don't tell me you find it divinely inspired

I assume right up there with Thor, Vishnu, and the other deities we mutually don't believe in breh
you have already said you believe the Tao te ching is divinely inspired, without giving a shred of evidence of why you believe it is so over actual divine texts.

:jbhmm:

Genesis 45:25-26

25 Even by the God of thy father, who shall help thee; and by the Almighty, who shall bless thee with blessings of heaven above, blessings of the deep that lieth under, blessings of the breasts, and of the womb:

26 The blessings of thy father have prevailed above the blessings of my progenitors unto the utmost bound of the everlasting hills: they shall be on the head of Joseph, and on the crown of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
you have already said you believe the Tao te ching is divinely inspired, without giving a shred of evidence of why you believe it is so over actual divine texts.

:jbhmm:

Genesis 45:25-26
No, you can find commonalities and verses that resonate with the Bible

Matthew 15, but verse 19 in particular struck a chord with me: Matthew, CHAPTER 15

"For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, unchastity, theft, false witness, blasphemy."

An atheist only exposed to charismatics would ask, "why would God create something that'll sin itself to hell?"

I find that life affirming and a reason to not do all that, as much as I can at least

Tao Te Ching 5th & 6th verses:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
No, you can find commonalities and verses that resonate with the Bible

Matthew 15, but verse 19 in particular struck a chord with me: Matthew, CHAPTER 15

"For from the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, unchastity, theft, false witness, blasphemy."

An atheist only exposed to charismatics would ask, "why would God create something that'll sin itself to hell?"

I find that life affirming and a reason to not do all that, as much as I can at least

Tao Te Ching 5th & 6th verses:

For from the heart comes good thoughts, birth, marriage, chastity, charity, true witness, lawfulness

see what I did there? :jbhmm:

Taoism or "One-ism" can be looked at from different lenses if you actually study it. Fu xi saw things in "heaven" and occurrences on earth and ordered the 8 trigrams to achieve mastery over the world around him

is like Genesis declaring the context of pre-existence then creating the context to existence

Shema Yisrael (Shema Israel or Sh'ma Yisrael; Hebrew: שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל Šəmaʿ Yīsrāʾēl, "Hear, O Israel") is a Jewish prayer (known as the Shema) that serves as a centerpiece of the morning and evening Jewish prayer services. Its first verse encapsulates the monotheistic essence of Judaism: "Hear, O Israel: YHVH is our God, YHVH is one" (Hebrew: שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָֽד׃), found in Deuteronomy 6:4

Isaiah 45:4-8

4 For Jacob my servant's sake, and Israel mine elect, I have even called thee by thy name: I have surnamed thee, though thou hast not known me.

5 I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me:

6 That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else.

7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

8 Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

Last edited:

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
For from the heart comes good thoughts, birth, marriage, chastity, charity, true witness, lawfulness

That's what I just implied, what would I gain from believing that we were all predisposed to evil? I'm not a muslim

I have an I-Ching too, it's nothing I hold any particular stock on

I do the Jesus prayer, wear a discreet rosary and St. James medal; that's as esoteric as I'll go

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
That's what I just implied, what would I gain from believing that we were all predisposed to evil? I'm not a muslim

I have an I-Ching too, it's nothing I hold any particular stock on

I do the Jesus prayer, wear a discreet rosary and St. James medal; that's as esoteric as I'll go
This prayer?

when you say "what would I gain"?

Genesis 6:3
3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

this is why I said reading the new testament without truly taking in the message of the old testament is backwards, and why many christians are confused.

Isaiah 45:9-11

9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

10 Woe unto him that saith unto his father, What begettest thou? or to the woman, What hast thou brought forth?

11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
This prayer?
Yeah, been reading way of a pilgrim, Mass works just as well as meditation

I'm not worried about all that either way, that verse says what the one I posted did too, it isn't a stretch that Jesus spoke the OT in a form understandable to regular people

He trimmed a lot of the fat and laid down the moral ideals straight, I'm a Black man in 2024 America, I'll be alright without a lot of the other middle eastern ritual stuff

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Yeah, been reading way of a pilgrim, Mass works just as well as meditation

I'm not worried about all that either way, that verse says what the one I posted did too, it isn't a stretch that Jesus spoke the OT in a form understandable to regular people

He trimmed a lot of the fat
and laid down the moral ideals straight, I'm a Black man in 2024 America, I'll be alright without a lot of the other middle eastern ritual stuff
:deadrose:

i think you should read your bible and consider what you believe in (or if you believe in anything at all)

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
:deadrose:

i think you should read your bible and consider what you believe in (or if you believe in anything at all)
Textwise, he adapted the overall message for mankind. The OT was folklore passed along by the Jews to encourage collective cohesion and prosperity

The NT encourages the same thing but in an easily readable format

I don't believe in a lot of esoteric things, Christianity-wise, don't get me started on Fatima...I read what I read and go from there

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Textwise, he adapted the overall message for mankind. The OT was folklore passed along by the Jews to encourage collective coh
if you believe its folklore, the new testament may as well be folklore (all the gospels were written from second hand accounts almost 100 years after the events recorded)

the Torah given to Moses at Sinai is very real

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
if you believe its folklore, the new testament may as well be folklore (because surprise it is)

the Torah given to Moses at Sinai is very real

It's folklore that makes sense and has a lot of benefits then

I don't care about Judaism or Islam as religions or belief systems, the OT is full of great lessons and provides context, that's how I feel about that :manny:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Amazing how the human mind picks and chooses what is real and what isn't based upon their own particular needs.
its crazy

but you know what is the most crazy thing that I dont think enough christians meditate on is Barabbas and his meaning in the context of the passion
Of the two larger categories in which transmitted versions of this name fall Biblical Greek: Bαῤῥαββᾶν, romanized: Bar-rhabbân, seems to represent Jewish Palestinian Aramaic: בּר רַבָּן, romanized: Bar Rabbān, lit. 'Son of our Rabbi/Master', while Biblical Greek: Bαραββᾶς, romanized: Barabbâs appears to derive ultimately from Jewish Palestinian Aramaic: בּר אַבָּא , romanized: Bar ʾAbbā lit. 'Son of ʾAbbā/[the] father', a patronymic Aramaic name.[17] However, ʾAbbā has been found as a personal name in a 1st-century burial at Giv'at ha-Mivtar. Additionally it appears fairly often as a personal name in the Gemara section of the Talmud, a Jewish text dating from AD 200–400.

There exist several versions of this figure's name in gospel manuscripts, most commonly simply Biblical Greek: Bαραββᾶς, romanized: Barabbās without a first name. However the variations (Biblical Greek: Ἰησοῦς Bαῤῥαββᾶν, romanized: Iēsoûs Bar-rhabbân, Biblical Greek: Ἰησοῦς Bαραββᾶς, romanized: Iēsoûs Barabbâs, Biblical Greek: Ἰησοῦς Bαῤῥαββᾶς, romanized: Iēsoûs Bar-rhabbâs) found in different manuscripts of the Matthew 27:16–17 give this figure the first name "Jesus", making his full name "Jesus Barabbas" or "Jesus Bar-rabban", and giving him the same first, given name as Jesus.Barabbas - Wikipedia The Codex Koridethi seems to emphasise Bar-rabban as composed of two elements in line with a patronymic Aramaic name.[17][18] These versions, featuring the first name "Jesus" are considered original by a number of modern scholars.[19][20] The Church Father Origen seems to refer to this passage of Matthew in claiming that it must be a corruption, as no sinful man ever bore the name "Jesus" and argues for its exclusion from the text.[21] He however does not account for the high priest Biblical Greek: Ἰάσων, romanized: Iásōn from 2 Maccabees 4:13, whose name seems to transliterate the same Aramaic name into Greek, as well as other bearers of the name Jesus mentioned by Josephus.[17] It is possible that scribes when copying the passage, driven by a reasoning similar to that of Origen, removed this first name "Jesus" from the text to avoid dishonor to the name of the Jesus whom they considered the Messiah.

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
its crazy

but you know what is the most crazy thing that I dont think enough christians meditate on is Barabbas and his meaning in the context of the passion
I always figured that was a symbol for God's unconditional love: God wouldn't spare himself if it would harm youp

Etymology aside, Bar Abbas is a classic yeshiva style riddle to debate about but I digress

It's a cyclical thing imo

I felt like the crucifixion was fulfilling Abraham's test for the same outcome: prosperity for God's people in exchange for faith, Christians in this case but this time the son does get sacrificed

Tower of Babel came to mind too growing up, God made us too strong: came close to God, in this case, was God in a human form but still got crucified :gucci:

Once the penny dropped, I started going to mass