Theres 535 members of congress, but theres no perfect politicians. Who are your favorite national politicians?

Unbothered

ELEVATING to HIGHER LEVELS with POSITIVE VIBES ✨
Daps
Reppin
'Cuse, New York
I know she's not a member of Washington but Letitia James. I've been a follower/supporter of hers for a long while, and seeing her takedown of Andrew Cuomo, Donald Trump, and his sons showed how much balls she has and is not afraid to flex her power.

I wished she had followed through with her campaign for NYS Governor; I think she would've had a great chance of winning against Kathy Hochul.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
That's nice...but my kids live here. :francis:

Idk why people advocate for burning the system down when they know the most vulnerable people in the nation will benefit the least.

Unless y'all really about that Black revolutionary life--and no shade if you are, just be smart--and ready to bust them guns, the best course for Black advancement is the least palatable (participate in elections and elect representatives we can trust/work with).

We need to have a seat at the table, or organize to actively affect change in another way.

You work with what you have until you can do better. Sitting at home and pouting does nothing.
Full agree

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Yeah. I’m OK with the status quo. I support incrementalism than selling dreams of burning things down and gambling things go in your favor after that.
Sounds about Right. Nothing in America has ever improved with drastic changes. On the other hand, everything that's fukked us has happened incrementally.

The status quo is nothing but tyranny through small decisions. Our systematic erosion of rights we protected in the 50s-70s are a perfect example.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

Idk why people advocate for burning the system down when they know the most vulnerable people in the nation will benefit the least.

Unless y'all really about that Black revolutionary life--and no shade if you are, just be smart--and ready to bust them guns, the best course for Black advancement is the least palatable (participate in elections and elect representatives we can trust/work with).

We need to have a seat at the table, or organize to actively affect change in another way.

You work with what you have until you can do better. Sitting at home and pouting does nothing.
It’s only so long you’re going to be able to keep peddling that argument until people start tuning you out.

Bigwhite2498

All Star
Daps
None. Especially considering that the ones who are supposed to be for us don’t even hire black people 90% of the time to high positions within their team.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
-Jasmine Crockett
-Ted Lieu
-Elizabeth Warren
-Ilhan Omar
-AOC
-Jared Moskowitz
-Stacey Plaskett
-Ayanna Presley
-Lauren Underwood
-Cori Bush
-Cory Booker (he's corny AF but he's effective)
-Big Gretch (them titties) :wow:
:mjlol:Her whole senior staff is white

RamsayBolton

Superstar
Daps

I got a couple black friends willing to crash out and burn down the system

and they also talking about not voting

so let Trump slide into power and take charge of the military... and then try to start a revolution... and we're all Black and easy to target... aight... :skip:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
It’s only so long you’re going to be able to keep peddling that argument until people start tuning you out.

I feel the same way for the "burn it all down" folks.
Do what you do, but keep that shyt over there.:camby: I'm not letting my house get burned down "for the cause."

Aside from that...I'm not shocked people tune out inconvenient truths.

You have not because you ask not. And if you ask and don't receive, you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures.**

Paraphrased from the Book of James in the Bible.

I'm not saying that it's always the fault of the person who asks--crooked politicians, lobbyists, panderers, grifters, and scammers do indeed exist--but I'm more so referring to understanding exactly what you're asking for. That includes having some understanding on how to get it.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
:mjlol:Her whole senior staff is white

Quote LSA, brehs

her deputy chief of staff is a black guy

:camby:

Bigwhite2498

All Star