There was a time when it looked like Allen Iverson was gonna single-handedly take down Nike

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Answer IVs were STADIUM STATUS

E-40-Grit-Grind.jpg

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
they were never a threat to nike simply because they werent good enough.

iverson was a movement within himself. thats why people flocked to his sneakers. take iverson's name off of there and theyre not nearly as popular as they were.

the questions, answers & all that stuff were cool and all, but you could easily say that grant hill's filas were better. the converse comeback with those late '90s dr js were definitely better.

its not like nike where people who dont even care about jordan have a closet full of his sneakers, because theyre that dam good.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Wasn't Iverson and Reebok the first to embrace hip hop in there commercials?

nah.

but they probably had the 1st commercials that overly-catered to the hood. especially when they threw jadakiss in the mix.

Last edited:

Tha_Mac

and this is Life As Tha Mac
Daps
I made the switch from Nike to Reebok mostly becuz of AI and Cash Money to have those soldier ree's

answer4e_large.jpg

I would eventually come back to Nike but for about 2-3 years Reebok had it on lock.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
:mjlol:

Come on now. The Iversons were hot but Nike still had :mjpls: , Penny and Vince Carter on their roster to name a few.

:shaq: was a bigger threat to Nike than :aicmon: Reebok was booming in the early nineties till the Dan vs Dave blunder .

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
:mjlol:

Come on now. The Iversons were hot but Nike still had :mjpls: , Penny and Vince Carter on their roster to name a few.

:shaq: was a bigger threat to Nike than :aicmon: Reebok was booming in the early nineties till the Dan vs Dave blunder .
LOL @ Dan vs Dave
Who decided it was a good idea to place faith and advertising funds in a white boy and a mulatto in track & field?:mindblown:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
nah.

but they probably had the 1st commercials that overly-catered to the hood. especially when they threw jadakiss in the mix.

I think I meant like, having the rapper rapping in the commercial.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I think I meant like, having the rapper rapping in the commercial.

probably.......unless you count radio commercials. cuz run dmc had the adidas deal.

as for ballers, reebok was actually doing it long before they got iverson if you count radio joints.
shawn kemp & bone thugs. raw as f*ck.:damn: