There should have been a console version of SNK vs Capcom: Match of the Millennium

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Lol @ trying to say Mortal Kombat wasn’t as good as Street fighter :mjlol:

Mortal Kombat is STILL around and STILL popular

I don’t even know when the last Street Fighter was :hhh: I had it for PS3 and it felt cheap as fukk:hhh:

Sinister

Banned
Daps

I don’t even know when the last Street Fighter was :hhh: I had it for PS3 and it felt cheap as fukk:hhh:
I think MK's original draw was it's digitized graphics, and cheesey violence. The old games don't hold up well to eastern fighting games. You could literally win the whole game by sweep, upper cut, jump kick, and mashing one punch button.

Current Mortal Kombat is far more refined than that though...but still a much simpler and rougher game. This is why MK despite selling well does not have the multiplayer lifespan or tournament longevity of something like SF.

MK much like Virtua Fighter or any other post SF fighter wouldn't exist were it not for Street Fighter.

Take the blood out of MK and the game is far less appealing.

Sinister

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: that was me w/ Sub-Zero. Throw in freeze, sweep, uppercut, freeze, uppercut, repeat..or w/ Scorp w/ the spear
Me too. Those moves had a stun affect to where executing those moves was was tantamount to a guaranteed free hit.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn

Nah. Youre speaking from a casual gaming standpoint. Far as the fgc, no one gave a damn about mk until mk 9 came out cuz it stepped its gameplay way up. Beforehand the gameplay was totally broken, unbalanced garbage

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Nah. Youre speaking from a casual gaming standpoint. Far as the fgc, no one gave a damn about mk until mk 9 came out cuz it stepped its gameplay way up. Beforehand the gameplay was totally broken, unbalanced garbage
The 3D games we’re booty but MK2- UMK3 come on man :gucci:

Sinister

Banned
Daps
The 3D games we’re booty but MK2- UMK3 come on man :gucci:
2 was the pinnacle and huge step up from 1 but 3 was a dud. That combo system, running, overpowered Kabal, lack of certain favorite characters etc....

2 is consensus better than 3 almost to a universal degree. I had the Genesis version of 2 the day it came out.

Deadly Alliance brought the series back to high popularity

Sinister

Banned
Daps
its worth it for the microswitch d pad. it feels real good and more hardware manufacturers should use them.

lack of microswitches is why people hated the neogeo mini controllers
That and the lackluster emulation that's inferior to the versions of the games you can get from aca arcade versions. And the fact it looks real ugly when you plug it up on your tv. It doesn't come with the hdmi needed to put it on your tv. The controllers were sold separately. A lot of people had a problem with the game selection. I think people also wanted it to have some kind of internal rechargeable battery so it could be portable. Some people didn't like how they changed the button layout. Others don't like how it doesn't even look like the red Neo MVS cabinets I grew up on nor does it look like an AES.

It also didn't allow other usb c type controllers to work.

BTW I have a neo geo mini