There isn't really a major city that doesn't **** with it's own artist like LA...

HIGHQuality

The Pig Is King
Daps
Reppin
Murder Mitten
Detroit wins this hands down. Because there's such a drastic difference between the types of hip hop here. If it ain't Eminem, it's not on the radio here. I heard about the last Guilty Simpson joint on SOHH. That's sad. :snoop:

flea

Legend
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dade County
there's gotta be truths to this. when lil b and odd future's buzz was at it's highest, seemed like it was mostly the west coast members of sohh who were hating on the young movement. especially that phukk tha world cat.

JayYoung314

St. Louis Survivor
Daps
Reppin
Saint Louis

just to be honest, nobody really knows anything about st louis rappers outside of Nelly and the st. Lunatics,Chingy,Jibbs and J Kwon.

y'all entire history of rap relevancy is a 3 hour concert...which would consist of 2 hours of Nelly.

exactly because just like i said the city doesnt even support its own artists so the ones tryna make it cant even get on

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
It's every city. Since most stations now are owned by major national corporations they will play w/e is hot regardless of region. Local artists are assed out. But Chicago is notorious for this. You literally had to leave the state (kanye, common, da brat) to get noticed

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Detroit wins this hands down. Because there's such a drastic difference between the types of hip hop here. If it ain't Eminem, it's not on the radio here. I heard about the last Guilty Simpson joint on SOHH. That's sad. :snoop:

Damn for real? Detroit has so much good hip-hop to choose from. Guess it's bad all over.

Daps
Yep, it's like this in every city now, with corporate owned radio stations that play whatever they're paid to play. Here in NC I rarely hear local artists, and they are always trash. I have never heard a Little Brother track on the radio. LB stayed talking about how they couldn't get any love in their own state.

OnlyInCalifornia

Southern California/Vegas
Daps
Reppin
The Coli's 420th member
PWR106 plays just as much techno/house/dance shyt as they do Hip Hop at this point. They are never going to play local music. The other night at like 1 am I flipped on PWR106 and it was like this british euro version of The Wake Up Show, it was weird.

People are starting to come around. All the local LA acts eat well out here between the shows, clothing endorsements, and parties.

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
You obviously don't know much about The Washington Metropolitan area AKA DMV

What the fukk is a Shy Glizzy? or an Airport Tone?

most of all the rappers/ artists there are local acts that nobody outside of a few area codes listen to.

y'all were never really on, to get ignored like that to begin with.

The nations #2 largest media market... doesn't fukk with it's own huge rap scene.