There isn't really a major city that doesn't **** with it's own artist like LA...

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
i done been all over the map..and i know for a fact, that once you pass phoenix, you aint hearing nothing west coast.

but even in LA, with all these nikkas doing shyt... the biggest hip hop station in LA ( Power 106 ) dont fukk with local acts... outside a few YG cuts, a bit of Schoolboy and Kendrick here n there, and that damn Kid Ink song they play ever 30 minutes... you aint hearing shyt LA has to offer.

i remember local rappers calling for the PD of power to be fired, and to hire DJ Skee.. cause he actually fukks with LA artists.

LA rappers even went as far as to protesting outsiding of Power..even tho they were :sadcam: cause most of them nikkas never were anything to begin with

on the real tho, LA underground is as massive as it is,because you aint getting on power if you aint an established artist on a major for the most part.

LA Radio dont fukk with LA rappers, but nikkas stay coming out and :dj2: at they shows

Last edited by a moderator:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
I don't know if it's nostalgia but I remember power 106 used to at least play old school joints once in a while. Now it's no different then any of the top 40 stations.

At least we got KDAY:ahh: I heard them play the recipe the other day.

I don't know if they still do it but at like 2am on Sundays I used to ride home drunk as fukk and Power would have some freestyle show going. Crooked I would stay destroying shyt.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don't know if it's nostalgia but I remember power 106 used to at least play old school joints once in a while. Now it's no different then any of the top 40 stations.

At least we got KDAY:ahh: I heard them play the recipe the other day.

I don't know if they still do it but at like 2am on Sundays I used to ride home drunk as fukk and Power would have some freestyle show going. Crooked I would stay destroying shyt.

you're talkin about the Wake Up Show. But ya KDAY runs la radio game.

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
fukk a power, they play house more than hiphop nowadays anyway.... KDAY is the shiiiit, I don't fukk with the mornings hosts though, that tattoo nikka is corny as fukk

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC
The most love I've seen was from the "new at 2" shyt, or whatever it's called. They used to play one of my homies songs. This was in 2010.

:dj2:

But I know they've played other folks stuff too like Problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHomie

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Cali
fukk the radio breh :manny:

I like to have a choice in what I am knockin

fukk all that corny radio dj shyt........most of them nikkas is lames except for a few solid dudes who play good shyt..........and im not tryin to hear some fool talk in between songs anyways

Them dudes try way too hard to sound cool and just come off wack

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
Nah St. Louis hates on its own city too, LA aint the only one

just to be honest, nobody really knows anything about st louis rappers outside of Nelly and the st. Lunatics,Chingy,Jibbs and J Kwon.

y'all entire history of rap relevancy is a 3 hour concert...which would consist of 2 hours of Nelly.

andre patton

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SoCal
i hear kendrick lamar, yg, tyga, and kid ink. thats it. its weird when i see nikkas on message boards that live in ohio n shyt know more about the recent LA hip hop scene than i do when i live an hour away.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Traveling to Atlanta the radio stations act like nothing else exists but YM, MMG, The throne, Chris Brown and Atlanta rappers. Well I guess that's true tho :ehh:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
i done been all over the map..and i know for a fact, that once you pass phoenix, you aint hearing nothing west coast.

but even in LA, with all these nikkas doing shyt... the biggest hip hop station in LA ( Power 106 ) dont fukk with local acts... outside a few YG cuts, a bit of Schoolboy and Kendrick here n there, and that damn Kid Ink song they play ever 30 minutes... you aint hearing shyt LA has to offer.

i remember local rappers calling for the PD of power to be fired, and to hire DJ Skee.. cause he actually fukks with LA artists.

LA rappers even went as far as to protesting outsiding of Power..even tho they were :sadcam: cause most of them nikkas never were anything to begin with

C-NICE & BLACK FRIDAI POWER 106 RADIO PROTEST! - YouTube

on the real tho, LA underground is as massive as it is,because you aint getting on power if you aint an established artist on a major for the most part.

LA Radio dont fukk with LA rappers, but nikkas stay coming out and :dj2: at they shows

You obviously don't know much about The Washington Metropolitan area AKA DMV