There hasnt been a better time to be a kid gamer.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I grew up in the 90s and as a kid , i was a video game addict. Sadly , due to the cost of games back them...my parents couldnt afford them and i mostly rely on whatever my big brother could get due to him having a job.

I would satisfied my addiction by playing crappy flash games on my computer , and later learning about emulators in the early 2000s.

These days , video-games have gone mainstream compared to the 90s and all a kid need is either a console or a smartphone (maybe even just a smart tv) . Parents dont even need to buy them video games since now theres tons of free-to-play like fortnite or they just have to wait for the monthly free games through Ps Plus,Epic store or any other source, or if they are computer smart ...just pirate them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m kinda glad i grew up in the era i did. I enjoyed getting new action figures and playing with shyt like nerf guns and going outside and causing trouble. I had games but i had so few of them i couldn’t really beast on them like I could today

Being a kid and playing fortnite all day sounds lame af

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Being a kid with gamepass now is like being able to mod your PlayStation and Dreamcast back then.

Storytelling and game variety was much better when I was younger. Can't even get a competent FF story these days.

:mjcry:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah, the AAA obsession now is really different from what 90s babies like me had. Remember all those AA and B tier games for Playstation and N64? Now it's either indies (which I still love, but there's so many it's hard to tell what is quality and what isn't) or a handful of AAAs per year which are safe as hell due to dev and marketing costs

I miss the jank and risk-taking of yesteryear :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I’m kinda glad i grew up in the era i did. I enjoyed getting new action figures and playing with shyt like nerf guns and going outside and causing trouble. I had games but i had so few of them i couldn’t really beast on them like I could today

Being a kid and playing fortnite all day sounds lame af
these kids now don't want to do shyt but play video games. lil muthafukkas don't even want to go outside

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I aint talking about the quality of games compared to the ones before. I'm talking about access to them. Kids today don't have to depend on parents to play new games

I agree with you, but to me this all has a deeper meaning if you grew up gaming since at least SNES/Sega. I've been playing since NES and I wish I could tell 5 year old me what gaming would be like 30 years from now. :banderas:

We :flabbynsick: brehs in here seen so much change in the landscape of gaming, that we can really appreciate how far we've come.

If I had the ability to bend time, I'd create a world where the internet was where we are today, while rewinding time to the PS1/N64 Era where there was still a lot of experimentation and risktaking, while at the same time being able to enjoy games like SF Alpha 2, Road Rash, WWF No Mercy, Goldeneye and Twisted Metal with online play in its prime.

:lawd:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
I agree with you, but to me this all has a deeper meaning if you grew up gaming since at least SNES/Sega. I've been playing since NES and I wish I could tell 5 year old me what gaming would be like 30 years from now. :banderas:

We :flabbynsick: brehs in here seen so much change in the landscape of gaming, that we can really appreciate how far we've come.

If I had the ability to bend time, I'd create a world where the internet was where we are today, while rewinding time to the PS1/N64 Era where there was still a lot of experimentation and risktaking, while at the same time being able to enjoy games like SF Alpha 2, Road Rash, WWF No Mercy, Goldeneye and Twisted Metal with online play in its prime.

:lawd:
Y'all remember WWE Here Comes The Pain on PS2 :banderas:

Truly the GOAT wrestling game McMahon ever put out :wow:

Daps
Games now adays are ass why can't they make crime story based games anymore :hhh:
I want something similar to max payne:francis:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not isn't, the best thing about gaming back then was the huge leaps in progress, each generation was a huge leap and entirely new experience

I mean Devil May Cry 5 is just a better version of the original Devil May Cry, but playing Devil May Cry for the first time was a huge leap in gaming experience, there wasn't anything like it ever

They could remake shyt from back then like Final Fantasy VII, because they can't capture the imaginations like the developers did back then who did less with more so they had to make up for the limitations in technology with creativity

Nowadays, everything is interactive movie, Naught Dog gets priase as some great game developer when all their games are medicore

but because they have huge budgets they can get great graphics, voice acting, they spend all the money on everything but the gameplay which is teh worst part of their games

when you got old school sega doing way less with more with the Yakuza games which have the best facial animations in games on a shoestring budet, I can't even imagine the type of game they would make if sony gave them the Naughty Dog budget or a Square Enix budget